FORUMS: list search recent posts

Success!

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Davison
Success!
on May 15, 2009 at 8:54:27 am

I've just completed Post on a 50 min Cutting Edge for C4 here in the UK that was completely shot on RED and its gone very well. I transcoded all rushes to Pro Res HQ with a Fast Mac running 24hrs and it was all pretty painless.

The finished sequence was graded in Color using the ProRes HQ clips. However what I would really like to be able to do is to go back to the original R3d files in the grade and render out to 10 bit uncompressed. (1920x1080)

Is there a way of doing this? This was a 600 shot 50 minute Timeline.

Can I export an XML of the finished offlline - import it in clipfinder, change the reference from the L&T'd quicktimes to the R3D's (or the full Quality Proxies?) Then import the XML into Color, Grade Render to Uncompressed and send to FCP for Final Online and layback to HDCamSR?

I have a Kona 3

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: Success!
on May 15, 2009 at 12:00:34 pm

Absolutely! If your RAID can handle it…

Regards,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
on May 15, 2009 at 1:36:40 pm

OK - Will Clipfinder find the R3D files themselves or will it go for the full res quicktimes?

http://www.twotallmen.co.uk

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on May 15, 2009 at 2:08:36 pm

It has a command "Replace .MOV with R3D" and you just need to point it to the folder(s).

Great freeware, a donation is only fair!

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on May 15, 2009 at 3:21:04 pm

I've just been experimenting with the COlor workflow and it is possible to cut the small QT reference movies (P Proxies) and then SEND TO Color and change the export settings in color to the 1920x1080 uncompressed or any desired output format.

I still prefer to use rendered media, but on short projects this might be the best way to go. Using Proxie files still requires a lot of system overhead.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
on May 15, 2009 at 4:19:19 pm

I read somewhere that if you cut with proxies when you send to color it uses the R3d Files - Maybe I dreamt it!

http://www.twotallmen.co.uk

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on May 15, 2009 at 6:43:32 pm

Yes it does. But if you have R3Ds longer than 2 GB use Colorfixer by H-G Daun.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]