FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red proxies sent to Color appear black

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Murray
Red proxies sent to Color appear black
on May 1, 2009 at 3:02:17 am

Have a :60 spot with about 24 shots, which I sent from FCP to Color. Almost all the clips work fine, but a couple do not. These two show up as black. There are no speed changes on these clips and they come from a folder of Red footage files with other shots that work OK.

Tried placing them in their own sequence, media managing to delete excess media, and sending that sequence to Color. Now they show up OK, but do not take grades the same way as similar shots in the previous project. I save a grade from a shot in the first project, apply it to a shot from the same scene and location in the second project, and the blacks are way too crushed and the colors are not right either. Almost like the media manage process recompressed them and caused gamma issues.

Appreciate any and all help - I'm supposed to finish this project tomorrow and this is the only things standing in my way. I will probably post this in the Color forum as well because I need as many eyes to see it as possible. If I find a good answer there I'll post it to this thread.

Joe Murray
Edit at Joe's
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
Re: Red proxies sent to Color appear black
on May 1, 2009 at 3:07:46 am

From a post in the Color forum by Uli Plank - a piece of software that hopefully will fix these issues: http://www.daun.ch/software/

I'll be back once everything's working OK.

Joe Murray
Edit at Joe's
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]