FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red and Media 100, QT not working

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryon Middleton
Red and Media 100, QT not working
on Apr 17, 2009 at 8:43:04 pm

OLD POST.

The highest quality would be Uncompressed 10 bit, which usually is overkill due to its heavy performance requirements in HD. I would recommend using ProRes HQ in 1920*1080 for most projects (if you are planning to master to a HD format; for a 2k DPX workflow you would do that in a different way).

You definitely should check that you are working in Rec709 gamma, and you should do a light color/brightness adjustment there to make sure you donĀ“t clip or waste any color and luminance info during the conversion.
If you want to batch-process your clips, you should have a look at RedRushes, which actually allows you to do convert a series of clips into the format of your choice.

Framerate depends on your shooting framerate, but most of the time probably will be 24fps (if you are planning to go to Film) or 23.976 if you are working for video delivery.

Re: RED footage on M100
by Bryon Middleton on Apr 14, 2009 at 3:16:47 pm

Upon doing what you've suggested in Red Rushes i am getting nothing but black for video when i try the ProRes HQ setting. I've tried some of the others just to see if the footage was good and it's there, just not showing up with the Pro Res or Uncompressed 10 bit. Any ideas?

Bryon Middleton
Director of A/V Services
Media One Inc.

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: Red and Media 100, QT not working
on Apr 17, 2009 at 10:13:17 pm

Open up an R3D in REDAlert and make sure none of the settings are crazy. Just make sure you can see it really. Then use the RSX file in that clip's folder in REDRushes to apply that color to the rendered clips. That might help.

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Universal Post
Ridgeline Digital Cinema Mastering
Salt Lake City, UT

Return to posts index

Graeme Nattress
Re: Red and Media 100, QT not working
on Apr 18, 2009 at 12:19:15 am

Final Cut Pro must be installed on your system to be able to generate a ProRes Quicktime.

Graeme

- http://www.nattress.com - Film Effects and Standards Conversion for FCP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]