FORUMS: list search recent posts

Posted by Jim Mathers from DCS

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
Posted by Jim Mathers from DCS
on Mar 17, 2009 at 5:02:51 am

New RED Camera Models Delayed

Another consequence of the dismal economy is that RED is in no rush to market with its new models, Scarlet and Epic. According to posts by RED Digital Cinema’s Owner, Jim Jannard:

“The world is now officially in financial turmoil. Our accelerated schedule for Scarlet and EPIC deliveries seem to coincide with a dead market. I see no reason to continue to pay for rapid development and pushed schedules when the world is not ready to buy our product in the quantities that justify our urgency. Sure... there are many that will pay now for Scarlet and EPIC on time deliveries. But the volumes we had counted on to support our massive overtime effort to get this done quickly... just aren't there. Retail camera sales are currently off 40-50%. We are continuing to progress, but now at a normal rate. My decision. I expect this to impact delivery schedules somewhat. This is real life. Things change. We have always said that because I have seen what can happen. I actually expected this downturn, just not to this degree. We stay committed to keeping our customers posted. This is one of those times. Put your helmets on. Expect difficult times for a couple of years. And please don't ask us to ignore the drama that has hit everyone worldwide. It just doesn't make good business sense.”

>>>>>>>>>

I finally get interested and now this...

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Graeme Nattress
Re: Posted by Jim Mathers from DCS
on Mar 17, 2009 at 1:37:30 pm

I'm still working full blast on the products. All Jim is saying is that we're not going to kill ourselves to get there :-) Jim just posted first Scarlet 2/3" movie, so we're still pushing forwards at a fair pace.

Graeme

- http://www.nattress.com - Film Effects and Standards Conversion for FCP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]