FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for feedback on a recent RED Shoot

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Handel
Looking for feedback on a recent RED Shoot
on Mar 14, 2009 at 10:16:39 pm

Hey Guys,

I have been lurking on this site for a couple of years now. I read a lot of interesting posts but rarely have the time to contribute... That was until this year when my free time has become more ample.

As a result some of my friends and I got together to put together a music video for a contest sponsored by the Ohio Film Office. I have just recently put together a RED package and we used this as an opportunity to tune our skills and work out the bugs with the RED. We had a day and 1/2 to shoot it. The majority was shot on 4K with some shots at 2K so that we could over crank.

Please take a look and leave some feedback. Also rate it on YouTube if you would as it is currently in the 1st phase of the contest which is public opinion.

Click on the HD link to see it at its best.

Thanks

Scott Handel
Ohio HD Video
http://www.ohiohdvideo.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Looking for feedback on a recent RED Shoot
on Mar 15, 2009 at 2:58:55 pm

Hmm- it's always hard to tell with Youtube but your shutter looks a little slow in a lot of these shots- i.e. background motion is smeary rather than sharp as it should be. Unless that was the intention of course.

Also, color correction is good but inconsistent at times- for example from some angles the piano player is corrected with low contrast and others high contrast and oversaturated. Otherwise the cinematography and concept are very nice. For a first time out this is a solid effort.

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Kyle Self
on Mar 15, 2009 at 7:44:48 pm

I would have to agree with Noah. The color correction could use a little tweaking. It reminds me of tapes I've been given to edit where the film transfer was on a best light pass and there were slight changes from take to take.

Otherwise everything else seems solid, nice job

K

Return to posts index

Pat McGowan
on Mar 16, 2009 at 12:59:22 am

As someone considering a foray into the RED zone (currently using Panny DVCPRO HD cameras) this video is further evidence that the camera can create some wonderful images and is worthy of the "digital cinema" moniker. Aside from the few criticisms voiced by Noah and Kyle I agree that the work is solid and highly watchable.

Any advice for another potential newbie in terms of minimum lens package, monitoring, production audio considerations etc.??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]