FORUMS: list search recent posts

using red footage with Shake

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Pilon
using red footage with Shake
on Mar 6, 2009 at 7:21:45 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has the best way to get 4k red footage into shake. I have started with FCP which rez's down to 2k. I want to fix a few shots in shake and also be able to use the Red 4k res. I am trying to figure out the best method for this. My current workflow not including shake is as followed:
1: converted red footage to prorez 422 for offline edit
2: Conform to footage back to relinking 4k files
3: Send to Color and Grade
4: Export for HD

I am just trying to figure where I can use Shake in this workflow and get full rez 4k stuff. I don't think it's possible with this. My thinking is I would have to use redalert somewhere in this workflow to stay at 4k and go into Shake, the import into FCP. I anyone has a better idea, please respond. Thanks Greg

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: using red footage with Shake
on Mar 6, 2009 at 9:50:47 pm

No, not with this workflow, it'll be 2K from Color. If you desperately need 4K (it's actually a resolution of about 3.2K), you need to transcode in REDAlert/REDrushes or Clipfinder. Expect long rendering times…

Regards,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Greg Pilon
on Mar 8, 2009 at 1:55:04 am

Could I use Red Cine for this or is there a reason not to use Red Cine? I would like the resolution to zoom in on some clips. Thanks Greg

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Mar 8, 2009 at 5:59:44 pm

I don't know. REDCine is very unreliable here, I use RA/RR or Clpfinder.

Regards,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]