FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED -> Color via Log & Transfer...

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Kirschenbaum
RED -> Color via Log & Transfer...
on Jan 31, 2009 at 2:24:26 am

I have been testing bringing R3D files into FCP via the Log & Transfer tool, and I had a few questions.

I am converting the R3Ds into ProRes quicktimes, doing the edit, then basically "Batch Capturing" those files again but resetting Log & Transfer to import them as NATIVE files instead (REDCODE).

Importing this sequence into Color (via Send To Color..) works great - and it looks like I am accessing all of the RAW data in the original R3D this way inside of Color.

The big question is this - is there a way to "trick" Final Cut Pro into doing this process with ProRes quicktimes that were NOT generated in Log & Transfer? For example - if one made 1920x1080 ProRes movies using RedLine or RedRushes? Then you could work using a faster file (1080p ProRes are quicker than the 2K ones) - and still get all the advantages later of using the RAW files in Color.

I guess you could convert all your R3D files to Native RedCode files via Log & Transfer and "overcut" them- but that is a drag!

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: RED -> Color via Log & Transfer...
on Jan 31, 2009 at 7:42:19 am

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to just reconnect to the proxy files as long as the file names are the same. But you're right, you'd have to import all of the footage as native in log and transfer.

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Ridgeline Digital Cinema Mastering
Universal Post
Salt Lake City, UT

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: RED -> Color via Log & Transfer...
on Jan 31, 2009 at 8:31:11 am

Get Clipfinder!

BTW, Color can read DPX sequences and use an EDL for them.

Regards,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]