FORUMS: list search recent posts

REDcine Color Correction - HELP I've never even used RED workflow!

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Rolley
REDcine Color Correction - HELP I've never even used RED workflow!
on Jan 20, 2009 at 10:28:43 pm

Hey RED friends!

I have never even used the RED camera in a post workflow - luckily I am booked to only use REDcine for color correction but I know it will still be kinda scary.

So here is my question...I have a day to learn about Redcine and color correction within that app and I am curious if anyone can point me in the direction of some tutorials or ANYTHING that might better prepare me for this gig!

I have no color correction experience but a good eye and I was about to start learning COLOR but this job randomly came about and the lead editor says he will show me one time how to use it but I am obviously nervous and want to do well so if there is any advice or help you guys can provide please do help me!!!

thanks and all the best

Lisa

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: REDcine Color Correction - HELP I've never even used RED workflow!
on Jan 21, 2009 at 3:53:20 am

Does the client know you are inexperienced with the app and the workflow? Might not be a bad call to let them know so there's no misunderstandings. Anyways- here you go:

http://www.red.com/support/release_history/6

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-use-red-cine-interface-overv...

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

lisa rolley
on Jan 21, 2009 at 5:00:19 am

thanks for the links - i actually found these before posting here on the cow but was just hoping for something a little more in depth ya know...

anyways to respond to your question - yes the employer knows i have never done this before.

thank you

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Jan 21, 2009 at 8:02:22 am

Keep in mind that REDCine is not very stable (it's clearly called beta!). Load the project in chunks and make frequent backups…

Now that it can work with native R3D, you might be better off with Color.
I'm afraid there are no other learning resources, but you might want to download the manual for Scratch (which can be intimidating). After all, REDCine is Scratch Lite (very light…).

Regards,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Lisa Rolley
on Jan 21, 2009 at 2:32:46 pm

ok cool thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]