FORUMS: list search recent posts

The best workflow RED-FCP-Color

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Thora Steinthorsdottir
The best workflow RED-FCP-Color
on Nov 27, 2008 at 11:56:54 am

Hi you all,

I have some RED footage shot in 4K at 25fps and my intentions are to edit the M_Quicktime proxies in FCP and send to Color for correction of the R3D raw files.
I have all the latest upgrades to support RED but I have a question for any of you who has tried this workflow:
After working on my RED 2K files in Color, do I render them in QT, ProRes HQ, send to FCP for video mastering?

Producer / Editor
Klipp inc.
Reykjavik

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: The best workflow RED-FCP-Color
on Nov 27, 2008 at 6:14:05 pm

I want to visit iceland!

I want to bring my RED with me!

OK. Back to the question.

You can render out several ways from color. It depends on a few things.

You could render prorez if your disk drives could not handle playing out a 2K uncompressed sequence. You could also use any MAC QT codec available to you.

You can send it back to FCP for output, that won't be a problem, to do your OP or create your DVD's etc.

Keep in mind that this workflow is about a week old, before venturing into a large project I would test things and then I would retest things.

David

Did I mention that I am dying to visit iceland!

Peace and Love :)
Read my Blog
http://blogs.creativecow.net/DavidBattistella

Return to posts index

Re: The best workflow RED-FCP-Color
on Nov 28, 2008 at 10:31:04 am

Hi David and thank you for your reply.
You should visit Iceland with your RED. If you are a cinematographer you will enjoy the landscape here and the very special light conditions, especially in summer.
Also, we welcome visitors with foreign currency here now more than ever, with a severe economic depression going on.
About my project>
Like you said, this workflow is really new and I am doing some tests.
I'm editing the M-QT proxies, sending to color and back to FCP for finishing and mastering. Having a bit of problems maintaining the right frame size through the process and some other things. I'll just keep on testing.
I'm likely to come up with more questions during the process and then I will post them on this thread...
All the best,

Producer / Editor
Klipp inc.
Reykjavik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]