FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Room for Color

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Vincent
Red Room for Color
on Sep 19, 2008 at 3:04:31 am

When are we expecting the release cause i am getting sick of this crimson, redcine, redcode, log and transfer crap!!

thank you

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: Red Room for Color
on Sep 19, 2008 at 7:18:38 am

Ask Apple!

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Sep 20, 2008 at 2:05:43 pm

Heard a few grumbles around IBC that Apple were delaying a new release of Color until RED support was sorted - which is holding up some peripheral makers releasing control surface hardware. Nothing official, obviously...

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

Return to posts index

craig swanson
on Sep 22, 2008 at 5:28:40 am

You and me both.

Macbook Pro 17
2.6 ghz
4 gigs ram
GeForce 8600 GT 512 mb
HD One 8 drive Raid 5
QT 7.5
FCP 6.04

Return to posts index

James Vincent
on Sep 22, 2008 at 6:37:36 pm

well im pretty sure its gonna come our soon so ill just do what the workflow says and screw redcine since this project has a couple months till it has to be done and edit with the proxies till the update comes out

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Sep 23, 2008 at 1:03:20 pm

Why would anyone consider REDCINE as a CC tool. To me it is strictly a "one light" app that lets you look at a lot of footage in native R3D.

It was never intended as a grading tool.

You can still get fantastic results doing one light color correction, rending out with RED RUSHES and finishing your QT movies in Color (this all depends on your finish of course).

The workflows are all there. People just have to choose which one.

David

Peace and Love :)
Read my Blog
http://blogs.creativecow.net/DavidBattistella

Return to posts index

James Vincent
on Sep 24, 2008 at 6:38:15 pm

ya but when red room cuz out it will save so much storage because u'll just edit the proxies then send it to color and it will reference the r3d files and you export it out of there as whatever format no making qt movies which will save a lot of space

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Sep 25, 2008 at 12:46:15 pm

Yes,

This is what scratch is doing right now. But you would not be sending reference movies to Color if you did this, you would be opening rative R3D in color, which is two totally different things.

Color is a file based system and I am not sure Apple is going to invest a ton of R&D into an app that was selling for five grand that they bundled with an upgrade.

If Premier pro (which will do this soon in conjuction with after effects) steals a lot of market share then maybe Apple would come up with a solution.

Storage is also dirt cheap right now, so that part of the argument is kind of ridiculous. Plus in data based camera;s it is ALL ABOUT STORAGE, so you should be planning a solution for backs ups etc, as well.

David

Peace and Love :)
Read my Blog
http://blogs.creativecow.net/DavidBattistella

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]