FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Camera Newbie

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance Mathew
Red Camera Newbie
on Aug 16, 2008 at 2:04:38 am

I just got a project dumped in my lap dealing with Red Camera files. I have never worked with this before and am worried I may not have the computing power/hardware to do this.

I am working in FCP 5.1.4 I know I have to upgrade to 6, and I know I have to download the Redcode RAW codec. That should do me for software, correct?

What about hardware? Do I need a Kona card or something similar? Cause I don't have one. I pretty much just work off of firewire. And I'm assuming I can't work off of a firewire drive. Is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found out about this 10 minutes ago, and have to start cutting Monday morning.

thanks for any info...

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Red Camera Newbie
on Aug 18, 2008 at 2:12:39 pm

You will need to upgrade your system to Studio 2, and if it were me, I'd do a clean install with Leopard while you're at it.. load the Red software and you can edit. In order to finish though, you'll want to be able to view externally in HD, a Kona 3 card would be the way I'd go here...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO, CD's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]