FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transisions and Video Layers Cause Playback issue.

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Factora
Transisions and Video Layers Cause Playback issue.
on Jun 28, 2008 at 1:43:12 am

Converted my clips to PRORES.

The show up orange on the timeline.

Any transition effect will cause the Canvas to play Black. Also happens when I stack on the V2 track.

Set the Playback quality to Low and the Framerate to Quarter. Timeline shows Green.

but.....

Same problem.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in Advance.

Paul

fcp 6.03
Macbook Pro 2.4 duocore 2gb Ram

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Transisions and Video Layers Cause Playback issue.
on Jun 28, 2008 at 4:28:16 am

Prores is a processor intensive codec, this means that it performs according to your machine speed and the amount of ram. Another factor is the drive you are using to playback from.

When you launch FCP for the first time and it says "profiling for rt extreme" then it is basically judging drive speed, ram, and processor speed.

if you want to cut on a macbook pro you really should choose a codec like DVCPRO HD which is lighter weight (in terms of how much it is taxing the system) and would most likely provide you with much more real time.

That said, make sure you have matched your footage and sequence settings and that you have your RT extreme settings set to unlimited.

David

Peace and Love :)
Read my Blog
http://blogs.creativecow.net/DavidBattistella

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: Transisions and Video Layers Cause Playback issue.
on Jul 1, 2008 at 9:46:39 pm

[David Battistella] "make sure you have matched your footage and sequence settings"

Like David says, make sure your clips and timeline match settings. From what you've described, currently, they don't, or you have already applied an effect or motion setting to it by accident. Look into that. Until you have the dark grey bar on top, your clips aren't playing back natively in your timeline.

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Kaleidoscope Pictures
Provo, UT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]