FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jam synching Red via Lemo-5 connection

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Uli Kunkel
Jam synching Red via Lemo-5 connection
on Jun 18, 2008 at 3:13:16 am

I'm currently on set and we are desperately trying to jam sync the Red with an Aaton digital mixer. The mixer has a built in TC generator with a Lemo-5 output. Our sound operator just came off a shoot with the Red where he did jam sync through the lemo-5 connection on his mixer and the camera.

We're noticing on the camera that the TC setting says "INT" and there is no chain-link symbol anywhere indicating successful sync.

We are missing something somewhere, and any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if using a Lockit box and some kind of external TC generator would be a better method, could you please list the equipment we would need? i.e. Lockit box, TC generator of some kind, BNC-Lemo 5 connectors (if they even exist).

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Jam synching Red via Lemo-5 connection
on Jun 18, 2008 at 6:51:08 am

If you're trying to sync to an external source, you'll need to set the camera to "EXT". If you want the camera to generate the TC, set it to "INT".

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Uli Kunkel
on Jun 18, 2008 at 7:33:34 am

We cannot find in the menus where to change the TC to EXT. To you know where it's located?

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Jun 19, 2008 at 5:42:46 am

Sorry Uli but we don't use the Red. We may when it all works but not yet. I am shocked, however, that no one has stepped forward to answer your problem. The things that I posted are standard for the industry.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:50:28 pm

[Uli Kunkel] "Our sound operator just came off a shoot with the Red where he did jam sync through the lemo-5 connection on his mixer and the camera."

Uli

I got burned on this on an F23 shoot this week as we were shooting 23.98 and the audio guy kept giving the clockit box 29.97 and it would not take the signal. Some boxes can do the 24 > 30 conversions but not the ones on this shoot. ( do not ask me why- I was a last minute fill in as DIT)

on the F23 this had to be set on the SRW Deck that was attached, but most setups are similar.

You use a lemo > XLRm >XLRf> BNC to connect to the camera,
set the Camera for EXT TC REGEN until the lights on the box pulse green 3 times

then set the Camera TC to internal and it should be good to go, leave the box attached or this signal may drift/

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]