FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED profile files?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Dixon
RED profile files?
on May 31, 2008 at 4:48:09 pm

What are the two extra files I see on a RED One HD?
digital.magazine.profile
digital.magdynamic.profile

Do I ned to copy over these files for post production? Where should I keep them in our file structure and how would I use/need them? We are working on our workflow for a new project next week and we want to change our storage and backup structure wrokflow.

digital.magazine.profile
digital.magdynamic.profile

Best regards,
Gary (I am on Tyler's workstation at the moment)

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: RED profile files?
on May 31, 2008 at 5:26:00 pm

[Tyler Dixon] "Do I ned to copy over these files for post production?"

NO- they currently only used internally in the camera, specifically the digital.magdynamic.profile holds the camera profile, setup, outputs and preview settings on EACH card/ drive so that those data points always follow the material on the card.

[Tyler Dixon] " Where should I keep them in our file structure and how would I use/need them? We are working on our workflow for a new project next week and we want to change our storage and backup structure wrokflow. "

As with all tapeless media - ALL parts of the original media should be part of your archiving process.
While the camera profiles can only be used with the RED software now, there maybe needs in the future for those files. The only need to be kept with the original archive for now.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Tyler Dixon
Re: RED profile files?
on May 31, 2008 at 6:02:55 pm

thanx gary

best regards,
gary g