FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red, Final Cut, Leopard

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Flaxton
Red, Final Cut, Leopard
on May 26, 2008 at 11:07:41 am

As a DP I find that I seem to be the only person with half an idea about the red post process. I'm comfortable with log and transfer in fcp and sending red files into any other file format but this requires lots of render time. I've banged my head on the wall with Tiger trying to get one computer to lead others in a set of render tasks. I haven't yet gone to Leopard but will if it is easy to set up one computer to lead the others in log and transfer tasks outputting red into whatever file format my client wants to use.

a) is this truly possible yet ?

or

b) is it still simply a question of allocating various red files to various computers in isolation then recombining them into one project?

and

c) has anyone used Red in the truncated 4k mode that cineform have created in Neo 4k?

Thanks in advance, Terry Flaxton

A long term DP - likes 35mm and HD equally - changing with digital media - Began as a commercials editor !

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Red, Final Cut, Leopard
on May 27, 2008 at 12:50:45 pm

FCP isn't Apple Scriptable yet, so if I'm reading this right, You'll have to do it all manually.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO, CD's

Return to posts index

Terry Flaxton
on May 27, 2008 at 2:31:02 pm

Manually is ok... Presumably there's a compressor route to all of this ? And, if so, then my question still stands - does Leopard make a render farm possible without the head-banging aspects of Tiger ?

Return to posts index

Shane Betts
on May 28, 2008 at 3:10:19 am

There was a thread on render farming over at reduser and the guys from Red seemed to indicate that support would be forthcoming down the track but then posted a script for doing it. Not being a Unix geek I sort of glazed over at that point but it might be worth a look. Certainly it seems to be in their plans and setting up a couple of PC's with Leopard could be a possibility in the near(?) future and potentially cheaper than other methods.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8645&highlight=render+farm

Cheers
Bettsy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]