FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why was the particleillusion forum removed from Creative Cow?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Blawat
Why was the particleillusion forum removed from Creative Cow?
on Jun 5, 2016 at 7:19:52 pm

I have been trying to find anything on this forum I have used many times. This forum also contain very helpful and valuable information. Why did Creative Cow remove the Particleillusion forum without even a mention to the users who registered?

Another forum and the data it contained L-o-s-t....

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
Re: Why was the particleillusion forum removed from Creative Cow?
on Jun 6, 2016 at 1:52:03 am
Last Edited By Bob Moyer on Jun 6, 2016 at 10:55:20 am

Perhaps you and I are the only ones who noticed this. GenArts seems to be making changes....they are going to discontinue Sapphire Edge for Vegas Pro video platform, maybe they moved on in regards to particleillusion also. What a shame.

Bob

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jun 6, 2016 at 1:26:28 pm

Software companies are now driven by pure profit, and with not much regards to its customers,
their needs nor their passion..... Such a pity

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Jun 6, 2016 at 3:00:10 pm

I guess my next question is, can GenArts really tell CreativeCow to remove a forum that is hosted by CreativeCow and NOT GenArts? It is a pity and I'm kinda upset that someone just "pulled-the-plug" without a warning saying on August 1st 2016 the particleillusion forum will be shutdown. I would have liked to backup some of the helpful tips and tricks that were part of that forum. I wonder if that is why Elvis stopped frequenting the forum since he knew that it was only a matter of time with the new buyer that everything would change.

Another disappointment for me. Maybe GenArts did not like me and other users complaining there were no updates coming up. Very sad

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 6, 2016 at 6:01:44 pm

It seems that there were quite a few forums removed from the Creative COW a few days ago when the new default "white" theme was introduced. I don't believe that the vendors had anything to do with it. I thought maybe they just removed forums that hadn't seen any activity in a while but the Apple Logic Pro X and GarageBand forums are also gone and I posted to those not too long ago.

I would suggest you contact the webmaster to find out why a particular forum was removed. Maybe some of them were removed by the manufacturer but some definitely were not and are gone. :(

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Jun 7, 2016 at 4:20:15 pm

Hi John,

Actually I reported this twice to the webmaster and have received no response or answer back. I just checked my email again to verify.

I really hope they bring the pi3 forum and your forums especially if users have been using it. I never thought particleillusion would have been removed at least without some kind of warning first.

Thanks.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Jun 20, 2016 at 9:17:20 pm

John and others,

I have emailed the webmaster twice and have not received any responses. It would be nice to get an answer back especially since ParticleIllusion is STILL being sold by GenArts. That forum contained valuable information and it would be nice if Creative Cow brought it back.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 21, 2016 at 10:50:38 am

I'll see what I can find out.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Jun 9, 2016 at 8:29:10 am

Like a line I heard in a movie once. The more the Empire tries to tighten it's grip, the more star systems will slip through it's fingers. It looks like GenArts is also going with the subscription model. We will see what the Magix Team will propose as a business model with their new offering for Vegas, If there is but a hint at subscription model my relationship with Vegas since Sonic foundry will come to an end. I became suspect when I opened veg 13 in veg 12 and there no squawk. and I gave up on Genarts who have not released a version of Particle Illusion ever. I suspect they can't wait to bury the thing. Just my two cents.

For anyone who cares, Chris Maynard founder CEO of CmIVFX has passed away at the tender age of 41
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 21, 2016 at 11:59:50 am

[Francois Blawat] "I have emailed the webmaster twice and have not received any responses. "

Francois, I apologize! I haven't received anything at my direct address, and our email system doesn't show anything having arrived via our contact@ address, or in our Letters to the COW Team forum.

I also apologize for not coming to this thread earlier! I have no idea why, but my subscription to this forum (one of my favorite reads in my 10 years here, even if I don't know enough about it to post here often) has somehow come unglued too.

In any case, additional apologies for losing the particleIllusion forum (and a handful of others) along the way in the renovations currently underway. I've turned it back on.

As for the Basics forums, we've merged ALL of the Basics forums back into their main forums.

To be honest, the only reason we even considered Basics forums is because some of the cranky old-timers were in a constant of quivering outrage over the scourge of beginners daring to post in THEIR forums.

Fortunately, most of those cranky old-timers have quivered themselves into oblivion, or at least someplace outside the COW, which is good enough for me. Now, we're chock-a-block full of good cheer, and moving ever upward in our role as the industry's most generous and helpful community -- thanks of course entirely to folks like you.

Our dust is settling here as renovations are almost complete. If you see anything else amiss, please do head on over to the Letters to the COW Team forum. I've also resubscribed to this forum, so hopefully we'll be all set.

Many thanks again to all of you!

Regards,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Jun 21, 2016 at 2:52:58 pm

Tim Wilson,

A Big Thank You!!! I had emailed via the 404 page error that I was receiving and the verbiage that indicated What page led you astray? No worries, I am Super Happy you have turned on the ParticleIllusion forum again!

Many Thanks!

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]