FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video with Sound for Introduction Media in DVD-A

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Fein
Video with Sound for Introduction Media in DVD-A
on Jun 5, 2016 at 2:28:04 pm

I have DVD-A 5.2 and use it only a couple of times a year. This time, I have gone a bit deeper and created a somewhat more sophisticated (though still relatively simple) menu system for a Bluray disk.

Here's the question. I have created a 15-20 video that I want to add as introduction media. I had assumed that I should render the video and the audio separately, just as is done for all the main videos. When I do that, I cannot get the sound to play. I was able to render the video as an .M2t file, and that works in the preview, but I don't know whether that is fully Bluray compliant. I will be sending Bluray disks to several people, so I want to make sure they all will be able to play it in any recent vintage Bluray player. What formats should be used for introduction media with both video and audio?

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Video with Sound for Introduction Media in DVD-A
on Jun 5, 2016 at 4:06:59 pm

Hi Terry,

I render intro's the same way as any of the features, using a Blu-ray compliant template (m2v) for the video and then Sony Wave (w64) for the audio. It works for me and has played without complaints, although I don't have a wide distribution.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Terry Fein
Re: Video with Sound for Introduction Media in DVD-A
on Jun 5, 2016 at 5:35:39 pm

Thanks, George. I tried it again, and it worked. Not sure what I was doing wrong, except that I also had a jpeg file with the same name, so that might have interfered with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]