FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to slow down a zoom over time?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Tallant
Possible to slow down a zoom over time?
on Jun 1, 2016 at 8:07:03 pm
Last Edited By Brian Tallant on Jun 1, 2016 at 8:08:03 pm

I'd like to zoom in on a still picture, but I'm trying to figure out how to cause the zoom to gradually slow as it nears the end. I tried setting each keyframe to "smooth", but while it definitely produces the gentle ending I'm looking for, it also starts gently and I'd like it to start at a linear speed. However, setting the first keyframe to "linear" and the second keyframe to "smooth" does not accomplish this...the gentle ending doesn't work the way it did with the first method.

Is there a simple way to do what I'm describing - beginning with a linear zoom and ending with a gradual slowdown?

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
Re: Possible to slow down a zoom over time?
on Jun 1, 2016 at 8:51:42 pm

Right-click the first keyframe and select "Fast" then select a second keyframe later. This will have the affect to move "fast" more quickly than linear but as it approaches the second keyframe it will automatically "slow" down. You can tweak this by adjusting the Keyframe Interpolation Smoothness and by separating the two key frames from each other by shorter or longer distances (amounts of time). For "Ken Burns Style" of movement over a still photo, I either use the "Slow" or the "Fast" keyframe type. The "slow" starts out slower then picks up speed toward the end (good for when you are zoomed into a particular spot on the photo and then are moving out to reveal more of the photo), while the "fast" starts out fast and slows down towards the end (good for when you are zooming in to a particular spot in a photo, starting from the full photo view).

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Brian Tallant
Re: Possible to slow down a zoom over time?
on Jun 1, 2016 at 10:14:36 pm

I changed the first keyframe to "fast" and the second keyframe to "smooth" and it worked just like I wanted...a strong start and a gentle end. Thanks for the suggestion!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]