FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to Run/Render with Sony Vegas 13 on a Windows Based Web Server?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Evans
Possible to Run/Render with Sony Vegas 13 on a Windows Based Web Server?
on Jun 1, 2016 at 9:08:47 am

Hello, I was recently wondering if it is possible to run Sony Vegas 13 on a dedicated web server. I was thinking that although it will take time to setup if it works it will be worth it. The main reason I want to do this is because I want to make my render times faster, and I have already explored all settings through the program to increase speed, while keeping the quality at an acceptable level. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you.

Return to posts index

john lenihan
Re: Possible to Run/Render with Sony Vegas 13 on a Windows Based Web Server?
on Jun 1, 2016 at 4:19:55 pm

I have been running Sony vegas pro 13 on a windows server 12 for years and it works.

I use remote access to access it from my desktop pc. I can remote it from out of the office and start and check on rendering jobs.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Evans
on Jun 1, 2016 at 4:50:01 pm

Alright, I have an option to go up to 52GB of ram on my server ( google free hosting $300 credit ) how much will be actually utilized by the 8 core machine when Exporting? ( Rough Estimate will be fine )

Return to posts index

James Hauge
on Jun 2, 2016 at 9:40:27 am

Aloha from Hawaii!

I've been using an older (probably about 3 year old) windows based dell server, it has 32 gb of ram and 8 cpu cores (2.8 ghz). it never uses more then 3.5 gb of the memory... even when i'm rendering multiple files at one time...

For example, I'm rendering two video files on it right now at the same time and it's only using 2.94 gb of ram according to the system monitor and all the cores are at 100%...

now, my rendering is basicly just converting it from one video format to another with a single video overlay and very minor audio effects (just adding a compressor)... so that may account for such a small amount of memory usage, i don't know...

Just my thoughts for all of you out there...

I have had it going to up to 5 renders all at the same time, and it still used less then 4.5 gb of memory, though I don't remember the exact amount..

Hope this gives some insight for you...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]