FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best quality Sony Vegas 13 pro render settings for Youtube (and to match original) 60.00 fps original

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Murrin
Best quality Sony Vegas 13 pro render settings for Youtube (and to match original) 60.00 fps original
on May 31, 2016 at 7:17:48 pm

I know there are tons of these threads, but i'm seeing differing answers on this and my testing shows differing results..

If i have a (git2) 60.00 original mp4 file which is around 36.5 mpbs using CABC (media info)..

What would be the best render as setting to avoid loss of quality and pixelation when rendering to eventually Upload to Youtube (and keep a copy).

I've found that Sony AVC doesnt seem to have a 60.00 option.. entering it converts it to 59.94 (which would probably cause issues)..

I've seen many use xvid with quantizer set to maybe 3.0 and 3000 mbps (?).. I tested this and the quality was pretty close but results in an avi file, which i'd ideally want to be Directly a mp4 or mkv (i'd rather not have to convert later)..

So the next best option i'm seeing is MainConcept Mp4, with bit rate say 24 to 29 mbps, profile on High and deblock checked off.. i found that 2 pass shrinks the size but takes longer and with these settings it looks nearly identical to the original on my pc at least, maybe a few pixels "move" here and there.. if i tighten the variable bit rate to say 28 to 28.. then i get more moving pixels and not close to the original.

I was about to compare these 3 on youtube after uploading to see which came closest.

Any suggestions.. I'd use the sony one but the lack of 60.00 ability seems to be a deal killer?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Mark Murrin
Re: Best quality Sony Vegas 13 pro render settings for Youtube (and to match original) 60.00 fps original
on May 31, 2016 at 9:48:08 pm

EDIT: i'm actually finding the xvid is resulting in less dancing pixels.. whereas mainconcept unless i go pretty high on the bitrate (maybe above 30 for the avg, say 35, closer to the original) but still a fairly large file size is about the only 2 options.. I also did find that 2 pass mainconcept and lower bitrates like 20-28 seem to work ok, no real dancing pixels, but takes twice as long for 3 minutes of video (around 20 minutes to render vs 10)

Return to posts index

Mark Murrin
Re: Best quality Sony Vegas 13 pro render settings for Youtube (and to match original) 60.00 fps original
on Jun 1, 2016 at 5:17:40 pm

Seems that the xvid render (still) worked out slightly better than even the 2 pass mainconcept.. granted the extension ends in avi, but it seems its just a container extension, so if i rename or need to rename to mp4 it still works with all my players.

Id consider sony XAVC as an option but its another that changes the frame rate to 59.94.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]