FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible playback 1.5x with pitch automatically adjusted by Vegas?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Silva
Possible playback 1.5x with pitch automatically adjusted by Vegas?
on May 29, 2016 at 10:50:45 pm

Hi,

I would appreciate help regarding Vegas playback.

I often need to playback 1.5x (or higher). However, increasing or decreasing Vegas playback speed creates distortion in the voices (e.g. it plays voices like Darth Vader or Mickey Mouse voices).

If I use the time stretch tool (over clip border: ctrl+drag) to increase the clip speed, Vegas makes a perfect work with the voices, adjusting the pitch in a way that is perfect for hearing during the editing.

However, the time stretch tool isn't ideal for my usage. I wouldn't like to change the clip duration. Because of that I am trying to figure out if it is possible to increase just the playback speed having pitch automatically adjusted by Vegas, in a manner there is no voice distortion. Does anyone know if it is possible?

Thanks!
Carlos_

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Possible playback 1.5x with pitch automatically adjusted by Vegas?
on May 30, 2016 at 3:59:00 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on May 30, 2016 at 4:01:54 am

[Carlos Silva] "Does anyone know if it is possible?"
As part of standard playback? Not aware of a way to do this.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Carlos Silva
Re: Possible playback 1.5x with pitch automatically adjusted by Vegas?
on Jun 1, 2016 at 11:28:24 am

Thanks for reply!

I read the following thread (https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/926993), what led me to try Adobe Premiere. When I adjust playback speed in Premiere by hitting L key, it is quite smooth, causing minimum voice pitch distortion in comparison to Vegas in which hit L key mess the pitch = Mickey Mouse voice!

Do you know if Vegas provide any way to playback faster keeping voice pitch, but without the need to change event properties (i.e. clip speed, event duration)?

Many thanks,
Carlos_

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]