FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouped events in Vegas 13 behaving as if ungrouped (solved-I had "Ignore Event Grouping" enabled for some reason)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelo Mike
Grouped events in Vegas 13 behaving as if ungrouped (solved-I had "Ignore Event Grouping" enabled for some reason)
on May 29, 2016 at 8:24:18 pm
Last Edited By Angelo Mike on May 29, 2016 at 8:43:22 pm

This just happened today and appears to affect all my Vegas projects. Even though my audio/video events are grouped, if I left click on either the video or audio and hit "S" to split the event, it only splits the audio or video event selected. If I drag one of the events it does not drag the grouped event with it.

I'm going to restart my computer and see if that makes a difference. In my editing preferences I have it set to cut, copy, and delete grouped events, nothing's changed about that. And the events ARE grouped-I tested highlighting them and pressing "G" to group them to be sure and then "U" to ungroup them, and "G" again. And when I click the audio or video the other grouped event still gets the outline highlighted on the timeline, indicating that Vegas knows they're grouped.

Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: Restarting my computer didn't fix it.

Edit: A ha, fixed it! Turns out I had "Ignore Event Grouping" enabled for some reason.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Grouped events in Vegas 13 behaving as if ungrouped (solved-I had "Ignore Event Grouping" enabled for some reason)
on May 30, 2016 at 5:16:06 am

[Angelo Mike] "A ha, fixed it! Turns out I had "Ignore Event Grouping" enabled for some reason."
Yup, been there, done that..... Got the T shirt! From personal experience you'll also forget it, and come back and ask again! Maybe you won't. I find the search facility is one way I can redeem my ego.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]