My Short Film

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leonardo barone
My Short Film
on May 28, 2016 at 6:00:32 pm

I wonder if I did a good use of vegas here, it's my last short movie :
https://www.facebook.com/shortfilmsaddiction/videos/251801671853513/
Can you tell me if masking and other effect are ok and where i could improve ?
Thanks...

Return to posts index

Rob Cioffi
Re: My Short Film
on May 28, 2016 at 10:07:25 pm

Excellent! I can see you worked really hard to think shots out and made some great choices making. I also like the sound effect and music. Very funny! I would say, and this is a pet peeve of mine, is the background noise is inconsistent from shot to shot, especially in the first 3rd of the film. Vegas has great tools for handling sound. What I usually do is grab a few minutes of room tone and then remove as much noise as possible from the dialogue. Then I'll lay a second audio track down with the room tone of a stock background sound file.

Here's an example of a short film I made that takes place in a boxing gym. There were lots of challenges - AC, different placement distances of the mic in order to hide it, etc. - that I decided to add a background loop of boxers working out that I got from a stock house.

Keep at it. You have a lot of talent.

Return to posts index

leonardo barone
Re: My Short Film
on May 29, 2016 at 6:23:38 am

Thank's Rob, your short is very funny, I knew about the background inconsistance noise, but I worked so hard for this short that I didn't have the will to fix it, lol.
Talking about short films, in your opinion what could be the best exposure for them ?
I think social media aren't, usually I struggle on youtube and facebook to reach many people.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]