FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Clips Get A Red Tint When I Move Them

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Evans
My Clips Get A Red Tint When I Move Them
on May 27, 2016 at 4:03:36 am

Hi, everyone. I have searched the doc and the web high and low and I cannot find the answer anywhere.

The situation is pretty simple. Normally, tracks (audio and video) that are not currently selected have a white background. There are times, however, when I move a clip, that it gets a red cast on top of it. I assume it's trying to warm me about something, but I can't figure it out. I've had both video and audio clips receive the red cast. And, if I move it back to where it originally was, the red cast goes away and my clip looks normal again.

In another case, it seemed to turn red when the clip I was moving overlapped with another clip that contained audio.

What is it trying to tell me and, if you happen to know, what feature do I read up on to understand this in detail?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help me.

Ed

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: My Clips Get A Red Tint When I Move Them
on May 27, 2016 at 6:52:57 am

[Ed Evans]"What is it trying to tell me and, if you happen to know, what feature do I read up on to understand this in detail?"

When the Video and Audio have been ungrouped and become unsynced by UNGROUPING we are warned with that tint. Ungrouped Video and Audio has advantages, but if you don't want this then resync the Video to Audio and press G to Group.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ed Evans
on May 27, 2016 at 8:11:20 pm

Graham, thank-you so much for your quick answer. That was driving me nuts. So, the implication seems to be that even though you "Ungroup" an A/V clip, the two independent clips still retain some form of memory regarding their original relationship in time. (I base this on the fact that once a clip gets the red tint, I can resync the audio and video and the tint goes away.)

Is it possible to permanently remove the relationship between the audio and the video that I have ungrouped? There are some specific times when I truly want the audio and video to no longer have any relationship whatsoever.

Again, thanks so much for helping me out with this one!

Ed

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 29, 2016 at 9:18:47 am

[Ed Evans] "Is it possible to permanently remove the relationship between the audio and the video that I have ungrouped?"
Yes, 2 options, maybe more:

1] Create a SubClip. This makes a TAKE of the UnGrouped Video and the PINK goes. The drawback that that SubClip is only available to that Project.

2] Render out that Video and you can have it anywhere - as long you remember where it was you put it!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ed Evans
on Jun 1, 2016 at 6:13:18 pm

Fantastic! Thanks very much, Graham. I'll give it a whirl.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]