FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF two channel audio

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksandrs Dubanevics
MXF two channel audio
on May 26, 2016 at 11:47:40 am

Hi all,

I have Sony Vegas Pro 12 and I'm trying to render an mxf file that would have only 2 audio channels. But when I choose 2 channels from the drop-down list, what I get is a file with 8 channels - 2 channels with sound (what I need), and 6 more silent channels (which I don't need). What am I doing wrong? Can I do something about it - just to get my file without those 6 silent channels? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!
A.

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
Re: MXF two channel audio
on May 26, 2016 at 4:11:27 pm

Could you specify which kind of MXF is meant?

There are some professional flavors of MXF which are standarized to a given count of audio channels and the Vegas renderer then only defines the mapping across the defined amount of audio channels.

Return to posts index

Aleksandrs Dubanevics
on May 26, 2016 at 4:57:59 pm

Well, I'm using PAL MPEG IMX 50 Widescreen template, just changing bitrate to 30 (CBR).

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on May 26, 2016 at 5:06:17 pm

XDCAM IMX standard allows for either 4 channel audio, if audio is 48 kHz/24 bit, or 8 channel audio, if audio is 48 kHz/16 bit. There is no 2 channel IMX.

Return to posts index

Aleksandrs Dubanevics
on May 26, 2016 at 5:33:28 pm

Thank you! I was suspecting this... It's just really strange that the TV station I need to send my file to asks specifically for IMX format (basically, they want an IMX30 625/50 (30Mb/s) compressor) and allows only 2 channel audio? Could it be that I choose the wrong template to render my file?

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on May 26, 2016 at 7:56:04 pm

I would ask back to the TV station. I'd assume they mean what Vegas Pro does. Only channel 1 and 2 filled with audio. They can't expect what isn't possible and have to take XDCAM IMX as what it is.

Return to posts index

Aleksandrs Dubanevics
on May 26, 2016 at 7:58:49 pm

Thank you! That's what I'm going to have to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]