FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't put effect on edited video?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seb Scherwat Zingmark
Can't put effect on edited video?
on May 24, 2016 at 10:49:19 pm

Hi! I have been struggeling to understand what I'm doing wrong in Sony Vegas 13. I'm trying to put an effect on a short video but at first I couldnt do it. It was a simple Defocus effect. I then tried to put the effect on the clip without cutting the video, and for some reason it worked just fine when I did that.

But I want to cut my video, then put on the defocus effect. It's suppose to "blur out" and I used the time line correct, since it worked with the uncut version of the video.

So why can't I use the effect on the cutted version of the video? Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Can't put effect on edited video?
on May 25, 2016 at 12:56:18 am
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on May 25, 2016 at 1:33:11 am

So why can't I use the effect on the cutted version of the video? Any ideas?

Lots of ways to do this.

You can first apply the effect to the uncut version. If you then do cuts, the effect will remain applied to the cut events.

Or, you can do your cuts editing first. Apply the effect to the first event. Then copy that event (ctr-c). Go to the next event, right click and select all events to the end. Then select Paste Event Attributes. That effect will be applied to all events selected.

Or, if you want to apply that effect to the entire clip, you can apply it as a media FX rather than an event FX. Select the clip in the project media window, right click and select Media FX. Then apply your effect. It will be applied regardless of any cuts on the timeline.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]