FORUMS: list search recent posts

The following file could not be found in the specified location. CANT READ LOCATION.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Stopher
The following file could not be found in the specified location. CANT READ LOCATION.
on May 21, 2016 at 2:05:47 pm

Hi all,

I'm having trouble reading the following file location in this image:

I need the exact location of the file because I have multiple files with the same name, but I can't read the file location because the help window is too small.

Does anyone know how I can identify the original file location?

Any help would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: The following file could not be found in the specified location. CANT READ LOCATION.
on May 21, 2016 at 3:13:23 pm

Select "Search for missing file" and then select the drive where files are located. It should come up with a list of files matching that name.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Julian Stopher
Re: The following file could not be found in the specified location. CANT READ LOCATION.
on May 21, 2016 at 3:34:10 pm

Hi Wayne,

Finding the file is not the problem I'm having, because I know exactly where the files are.

The problem is I have multiple files with the same name, but they contain different video.

The only information I have for choosing the correct file is the help window in my original post. It details the original file location, but I cannot see the entire location because the window is too small.

My problem is with viewing the full file location, not with locating the actual file.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on May 21, 2016 at 3:46:59 pm

Guess I'm still confused (not unusual) about the exact problem you are having. Regardless,

The problem is I have multiple files with the same name, but they contain different video.

This practice is not a good idea. For the future, using a file rename utility, suggest you add an index as a suffix so that each file with the same name has a unique index number. In this way, such problems would be avoided.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Julian Stopher
on May 21, 2016 at 3:57:54 pm

THIS is the problem I am having:

As shown by the image, the size of the help window is obscuring the full file location.

How can I view the entire location?

Return to posts index

Julian Stopher
on May 21, 2016 at 4:00:29 pm

Sorry, this is the correct image

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 21, 2016 at 4:02:38 pm

Click on the "Specify a new location..." option and you'll be easily able to see the full location in the window that comes up.

Return to posts index

Julian Stopher
on May 21, 2016 at 4:15:11 pm

Yes that works very well, thank you!

For those who read this thread , click on 'specify a new location' and when windows file explorer opens up, the original location will be at the top of the explorer window.

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 21, 2016 at 4:23:44 pm

You're welcome. Glad I could help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]