FORUMS: list search recent posts

first 5 seconds of youtube upload bad quality

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Hark
first 5 seconds of youtube upload bad quality
on May 18, 2016 at 5:48:00 pm

I have searched everywhere. I am trying to upload some footage to youtube and the first 5 seconds are terrible quality, and then it "snaps" into proper quality. there seems to be a second part where the quality is off as well when my Daughter is on the screen. I have included a screenshot of that as well. I have tried so many different render settings. I am at a loss. I think its a problem with the codec and how youtube is reading it, because its crystal clear when playing on windows media player.
I uploaded footage shot with the same settings and there was no problem. the one difference is I have multiple clips in my second video. the first video is just 1 clip with no cuts. here is the 2 videos and my render settings.

FIRST 5 SECONDS BAD QUALITY

GOOD QUALITY

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: first 5 seconds of youtube upload bad quality
on May 18, 2016 at 10:20:36 pm

I have experienced the same thing quite a few times. This is most likely a Youtube playback problem, not a problem with your render. To confirm, download your YT file. If it plays OK, then you've confirmed it's a YT issue.

wwaag

Return to posts index

James Hark
on May 18, 2016 at 10:26:10 pm

good call. so it must be a playback problem. do I just try to upload again at another time? I tried 100 times I think already earlier today. quite upsetting. did you ever figure out a solution?

Return to posts index

James Hark
on May 18, 2016 at 10:37:57 pm

I was just thinking. YT's video player is whats compressing it to make that problem. its not actually compressing my file, but upon playing it on YT, the player used there creates the problem. so my codec needs to match the player maybe?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on May 18, 2016 at 11:43:04 pm

Once you've uploaded your file, there is nothing you can do regarding how YT renders your file for playback. If the uploaded file is good and the processed file that you've downloaded is good, then it must be a playback problem. If its blurry to begin with and then shifts to sharp focus, it may be that the initial playback is at a very low YT resolution and then it "switches" to HD. I've observed this type of playback behavior using small tablets such as an Ipad or kindle. For a laptop or desktop, iI is probably dependent upon the specific browser that you are using. I use Firefox with the add-on HD YouTube Plus, which gives options as to what resolution is initially selected. In any case, I'd do a search for playback problems with your particular browser. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

James Hark
on May 19, 2016 at 10:56:55 am

The playback problem isnt just my device issue. The same 5seconds of low quality happen on my phone, desktop, friends phone, etc. It is definitely a way that YT is reading my video, nothing to do with internet speed or device speed. I uploaded it to vimeo and have no problems.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on May 19, 2016 at 3:31:51 pm

I see your problem. On your render settings, it's 1280 x 544. Shouldn't that be 1280 x 720? Since the vertical resolution is less than 720 YT assumes that its a low-res file, hence 480P most likely. I've seen this before with 1080 Renders. Anything less than 1080 and YT assumes it is 720. Always make sure that your vertical resolution is set to exactly what you want. Why it would change 5 sec later--I have no idea.

wwaag

Return to posts index

James Hark
on May 20, 2016 at 3:27:40 pm

the problem with that theory is seen in the video I have included in my original post that has the same dimensions and there is no problem. the difference is, there is cuts in the footage in the video that has bad quality for the first 5 seconds compared to the other that is one continuous clip.

Return to posts index

James Hark
on May 22, 2016 at 1:11:44 pm

So I tried something out today. I extended my first cut past the 5 second mark, and guess what. It plays in good quality right away!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]