FORUMS: list search recent posts

Expanding a backdrop

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark van der Berg
Expanding a backdrop
on May 17, 2016 at 1:26:33 pm

Hey good people! For a promotional video we do not have the money to pay for a green screen or large backdrop that our speakers can stand in front. However, we do have a cardboard plate that they can stand in front, unfortunately this plate does not fill the entire frame. In other words, it is large enough for the people to fit inside the 'frame' of the cardboard plate, but it is too small to fill the frame of the camera.

What would be the easiest way to expand this backdrop in Sony Vegas? I feel like it must be something with masking or blending, but I am too unfamiliar with this sort of work.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Expanding a backdrop
on May 17, 2016 at 1:32:13 pm

Use the masking feature in the Pan/Crop window to cut out anything that isn't green. I've had to do this before and it works like a charm :)

Return to posts index

Mark van der Berg
on May 19, 2016 at 12:41:45 pm

Thank you! But how do I then make that black box the color of the rest of the background? :)

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 19, 2016 at 1:05:59 pm

My apologies. I went back and re-read what you were asking for so ignore my previous comment.
Hopefully these two screen shots will illustrate how easy it is to do what you want.
In this example I have a stick figure in front of a CK (chromakey) screen that's too small for the frame. I CK him, the CK background disappears and he's standing in the full frame.
Is this what you want to do?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on May 20, 2016 at 2:23:44 pm

Hi Mark. I'm big time into green screen work. I think I know your Problem. I have created a simulation like yours but this simulation, I'm only doing it for the right side. You will do it for the left as well. I cropped off the right side of my video in the event pan and crop with the pen tool. see pic 1. This is what you have on both sides. I added a video track above the video track and add a media generated solid color green, and used the eye dropper to make it the same green as in my video. I then used that tracks track motion, unchecked "Lock aspect ratio" and made a vertical rectangle and positioned it to cover the black bar on the right. See pic 2. I then added the croma keyer effect to both, video and solid green tracks. You should use the eye dropper and ppic the green in the track it on. Then do the same for the other track. You may have to solo each one to get the true green on each track see pics 3 and 4. I hope this makes sence to you and you get the results you want. Unfortunatly Sony Vegas's Chroma Keyer effect is not very good unles yoou have perfect lighting and no shadows on or wrinkles in your cardboard plate. Let us know if this helps. Danny

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on May 20, 2016 at 2:27:48 pm

Sorry, I forgot to post the last pic.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on May 20, 2016 at 2:30:53 pm

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on May 20, 2016 at 2:38:28 pm

Where did the post edit ability go? It used to let me edit a post for 30 minutes after I posted it, or someone responds to it.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]