FORUMS: list search recent posts

easier way to do this?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ellie mercer
easier way to do this?
on May 14, 2016 at 3:29:55 am

i'm trying to kinda sync this image with my video.

i want the city lights to stay on the building instead of trying to do it step by step in pan/crop area.

is there a easier way to do this?

http://puu.sh/oR92F/aaeb638621.jpg

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: easier way to do this?
on May 14, 2016 at 4:22:11 am

[ellie mercer] "i want the city lights to stay on the building instead of trying to do it step by step in pan/crop area."

I understand you want more control over the FX? Yes?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

ellie mercer
on May 14, 2016 at 4:24:05 am

um i guess so, i just wanted to see if there was anyone here that can think of a different easier/less time consuming way to do this

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 14, 2016 at 4:45:26 am

Hi! Please upload a screenshot showing more of the pan/crop area, your shot is cutting off just some of the FX controls.

What controls are you wanted ng to do?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

ellie mercer
on May 14, 2016 at 5:03:27 am

is this okay?

http://puu.sh/oRdnz/6ef5456e61.jpg

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 14, 2016 at 5:48:54 am

Oh yes, that helps me, thank you.

Can you tell me just what you are controlling in Pan/Crop - it's not obvious to me.

1] Pan/Crop controls the size and/or position of the Camera's view.

2] An FX - here that's your "Starburst" FX - is controlled within its own keyframing.

Please tell me what you controlling in Pan/Crop.

Apologies for not getting the whole picture of what it is you are trying to achieve, but I'm sure we will get a solution.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

ellie mercer
on May 14, 2016 at 5:53:54 am

im controlling the pan/crop, as the video is a pan of the city the picture overlay is the lights on the buildings, i want to somehow keep the overlay picture on the building as it moves, the way i have been doing it is repositioning it in the pan/crop editor for every second of the video but it is very time consuming + doesnt come out very smooth as i have to keep repositioning it manually

Return to posts index

ellie mercer
on May 14, 2016 at 5:58:20 am

i've uploaded the video here of what im trying to do, its messy at the moment as i tried to restart it but hope this will give you a idea

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 14, 2016 at 6:27:25 am

[ellie mercer] "but hope this will give you a idea"
Ah, that's perfect!

1] By using Pan/Crop you essentially have a still that is moving.

2] You have an FX that is not "sticking" to the area of that still that has the highlights.

[I believe I've got this correct...] OK, here's the problem: A still/photo hasn't a time element. Meaning it doesn't know it is being moved! And what you have done, without knowing this, is to, logically "move" the fx relating to the still using the p/c control. Yup, messy.

Try this: Render the movement first, then apply the Starbust FX and that SHOULD follow the move/movement of the now "footage" of the cityscape.

Question: Are all the Layers of the Cityscape being controlled by 3D animation on layers under the JPG of the window I'm looking at? If this is so you have a complex fly-by Cityscape that I can't see at present and my feedback is being hindered by not knowing just what you are doing below on all the Timeline Tracks.

OK, if I am correct, then applying the Starbust FX to a renbdered-out video OR, and this is going dependent on seeing your 3D layout just possibly where you COULD add the FX - more effectively and efficiently than the Pan/Crop.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

ellie mercer
on May 14, 2016 at 6:36:19 am

the starburst effect is just for the image overlaying the video to make the lights look better (the building lights) it has nothing to do with anything, i just want to know how to make the image of the lights pan at the same time as the video. just like it was doing in the video i uploaded

Return to posts index

ellie mercer
on May 14, 2016 at 6:42:33 am

video on the bottom track image on the top track. i want the image to look like its apart of the video and the lights to follow the same place

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 14, 2016 at 7:03:08 am

Solo just that track and render it out. Apply the FX. Done.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 14, 2016 at 7:09:59 am

I'm assuming you know you would need to render to a Format that has a transparent background, otherwise you'd blank the lower tracks. Yes?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 14, 2016 at 8:43:59 am

Oh yes... The easiest way is to make this Event part of a 3D Parent Track and use that as the moving section.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 14, 2016 at 1:38:17 pm

Graham, I believe what Ellie is trying to do is map a static image onto a moving video. To do this in an easer way would require Motion Tracking software that tracks perspective. Those are expensive like Boris Continuum Complete or Mocha Pro.

The cheap way is the hard way which is to move frame by frame and keyframe the motion in Pan/Crop. There is no short cut. You need more keyframes to keep everything in sync.

Here is a tutorial on using Match Move in Boris Continuum Complete but that doesn't track perspective and the buildings are moving not only sideways but away into the distance which requires perspective tracking.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 14, 2016 at 2:50:26 pm

Hi John. How about my last suggestion? Have the Still and the FX as Children to a Parent Track and then 3D that Parent track? But otherwise the power of Boris would need to be used.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 14, 2016 at 2:58:05 pm

[Graham Bernard] "How about my last suggestion? Have the Still and the FX as Children to a Parent Track and then 3D that Parent track?"
That would only work if both tracks were being animated. They are not. His lower track is a movie. That requires motion tracing software.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

ellie mercer
on May 14, 2016 at 10:24:25 pm

yess thats exactly what im trying to do i have a different way that ive thought of now but thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 15, 2016 at 5:16:02 am

[ellie mercer] "i have a different way that ive thought of now but thank you for your help!"
You're welcome. What did you come up with?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]