FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to add a video on a video and return to where I paused?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sidney Laweit
How to add a video on a video and return to where I paused?
on May 8, 2016 at 3:40:39 pm

Ok, guys so lets say I wanna make a video about me dancing in a bathtub (paused not yet done) then on the next frames I will add the video of my brother dancing on a table instead (paused not yet done) then on the next frame It's me dancing on the bathtub again and back to where I paused continuing the vid and so on back to my bro then back to me just continuing where I left. So question is how do I do that?

It's like this
[[MY VID starting at 0:00-0:03]] CHANGE FRAME TO [[HIS VID starting at 0:00-0:03]] CHANGE FRAME TO [[MY VID STARTING AT 0:03-0:10]] CHANGE FRAME TO [[HIS VID STARTING AT 0:03-1:13]]
if it helps in anyway, something like what leafyishere or pyrocynical does in youtube. thanks guys

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to add a video on a video and return to where I paused?
on May 8, 2016 at 5:35:41 pm

Tape M key for a Marker and work from there.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

George Dean
on May 8, 2016 at 5:43:22 pm

Hi Sidney,

To do this on one track (make sure 'Auto Ripple' is turned off), start by inserting 'My Vid'. Move the cusor to the point you want to switch to 'His Vid'. At this point split 'My Vid' using the keyboard 'S' key. Grab the rest of 'My Vid' (beyond the split point) and drag it right out of the way allowing room to insert 'Hi Vid'.

Now insert 'His Vid' butted up to 'My Vid' at the point you split it.

Now move along and position the cusor at the point in 'His Vid' that you want to switch back to 'My Vid', and split 'His Vid'. Grab the rest of 'His Vid' (beyond the split point) and drag it right out of the way (beyond the rest of 'My Vid'). Now move 'My Vid' left on the track to butt up against 'Hi Vid'. So on and so forth.

That's just one way, of many, you can do it.

Best Regards.......George

Return to posts index

Sidney Laweit
on May 9, 2016 at 2:04:34 am

Just a question, how can I watch the 2nd vid on Sony Vegas? I can see the first video, trimmed it and watch it but I can't seem to watch the 2nd video on the screen, it only shows the 1st vid so I'm having a hard time to properly trim it but I can finally add the 2nd vid to the first so that's a good news.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 9, 2016 at 11:01:15 am

If the second video is on a lower track, the easiest way to see it is to Solo it. That button is in the Track Header box on the far left of the track.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]