FORUMS: list search recent posts

speeding up video by increasing framerate?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Laurence
speeding up video by increasing framerate?
on May 6, 2016 at 8:34:30 pm

I recorded some video with OBS at 5fps for a time lapse. I was hoping I could just change the project frame rate to 30 fps to effectively speed up the video 6x, but instead it just adds more frames between each recorded frame making no difference to playback speed.

Is there a way I can get rid of these extra frames to shorten the video? (vegas pro 13)

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: speeding up video by increasing framerate?
on May 7, 2016 at 12:00:40 am

There are a couple of ways you might try. First, simply ctrl-drag the end of your timeline to the left. However, I believe there is a 4X max. Also make sure that you disable smart resample so you don't get ghosting. Second, and probably better. First export your 5 fps video as an image sequence--e.g. png's. Then re-import the images as a sequence indicating the frame rate to be 30 fps. This should result in a 6X speed up. Set your project frame rate to 30 fps.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Ryan Laurence
on May 7, 2016 at 12:13:03 am

Ah using an image sequence might work for me. I went ahead and just sped it up a couple times by importing my project into a new project, but I'll give that a try next time. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 7, 2016 at 2:50:18 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on May 7, 2016 at 3:16:05 am

To get greater than 4x use the Velocity Envelop in conjunction with CTRL+Drag right.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]