FORUMS: list search recent posts

short cut for selecting clip under cursor - prior to Alt+] (heads and tails)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thoreau Bakker
short cut for selecting clip under cursor - prior to Alt+] (heads and tails)
on May 5, 2016 at 10:56:44 pm

Hi CC,

I was just looking in the Vegas Manual, but couldn't find this..

I find it handy to keep my left fingers on the jkl keys, and my right thumb / middle on the Alt+ [ or ] for heads and tails.

The catch is, a clip has to be selected to perform the heads and tails (Alt+]) type edit.

Can anyone tell me the key combo for select next clip, or select clip under cursor? It would speed up my workflow big time to not have to move my hand to the mouse everytime I wanted to select something.

Thanks A Bunch,
-t

Return to posts index

Thoreau Bakker
Re: short cut for selecting clip under cursor - prior to Alt+] (heads and tails)
on May 5, 2016 at 11:21:43 pm

So,
for anyone else who has ever struggled with the same thing, not five minutes after posting I seems to have realized what I was missing. I feel pretty silly actually.

If one's fingers are on the "[ ]" keys, those keys will select start / end of clips. So all I needed to do was click those keys a few time to select the clip I wanted. I've taken my hand off to select the next clip via mouse 1000s of times. But never again!

Isn't it funny when you post looking for help, and find the answer has been right under your fingers the whole time?

-t

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: short cut for selecting clip under cursor - prior to Alt+] (heads and tails)
on May 5, 2016 at 11:23:26 pm

AFAIK there is no built-in way to do what you want. This would require a script. However, depending on your track layout, this may not be necessary at all. For example, I use alt-[ and alt-] extensively for simple basic cuts editing in which I only have a single video track plus audio. For such editing, I have auto-ripple selected, so that after each cut, the gaps are removed. So long as you don't have anything selected (just click anywhere below the tracks, you can apply Alt-[, Alt-], and S without selecting. In this way, you don't have to select each event. If you have lots of tracks, this would not work, but if you only have one, it will speed up your basic cuts editing.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Thoreau Bakker
on May 6, 2016 at 1:43:00 am

Hey Wayne,

I didn't realize a clip didn't have to be selected when auto-ripple was engaged.

That's a super helpful tip. Thanks Much!

-t

Return to posts index

Marco Baer
on May 6, 2016 at 10:57:13 am

This works for me even without having Auto-Ripple enabled just by asuring no event is selected.

If an Event is selected, Alt+[] affect selected Events only under cursor. If no Event is selected, same shortcuts affect all Events under cursor, no matter which ripple mode is used.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]