FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render crash

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Cookson
Render crash
on Apr 29, 2016 at 9:14:47 am

I have bought a new Dell Xps 4k laptop, and while i am impressed with the speed of this laptop I am having some issue's. The first one is that with a recommended screen resolution some of the menus are difficult to see, especially the tool bar.
But my main problem is when I use any third party effects in a video, like a photo montage the render will crash at different stages.
I have tried a render with just the sony inbuilt effects and this works ok, it just seems not to like the Newblue effects.

I have tried it with GPU enabled or set to off, with this laptop you can select which graphic card it uses for intensive graphics.

The Specs are
i7 Cpu
32 gb ram
1 TB SSd drive
Sony Vegas Pro 13.

Anybody any ideas please.

Mick

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Render crash
on Apr 30, 2016 at 5:05:34 am

Mick,

You need to provide a lot more detailed information. Right now, all we know is that you have a new 4k laptop and Vegas crashes. For someone to help, they will need to know what kind of media you are using, your project settings, and render settings. In all cases screen shots are the most informative--not simply verbal descriptions. You mention 3rd party effects. OK. Which ones? How are they being applied? Without such information, any suggestion will be a pure W***A**G****--no pun intended.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Bill Burnette
on May 1, 2016 at 7:59:58 pm

For the menu problem, possibly you have changed the display setting to make text and other items larger to make up for your higher laptop screen resolution. Possibly vegas doesn't display so well with that setting.

Return to posts index

Mick Cookson
on May 2, 2016 at 3:55:42 pm

Hi Bill yes I have done that, but it does not effect the tool bar icons under the menu bar, they are still very small, but thats a minor problem.
I have tried all different digital files pictures from my Nikon D750 camera that are jpegs,and settings to render a project with my Newblue 3d effects like explosions and bouncing boxes, it seems the more complex the effect like a jigsaw puzzle breakup seems to be worse.

All these effects worked perfect on my old Dell laptop.
All the sony effects work no problem when I use them in a render.

Mick

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on May 2, 2016 at 7:33:22 pm

I just changed my font size and icons on the desktop, font and the task bar all got larger.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

Mick Cookson
on May 3, 2016 at 7:57:21 am

Hi Danny and so does mine,all the top menu items change size ok,its the icons directly under the top menu that dont seem to change when I alter the sizes.

Anyway some good news is, I have fixed the render problem with my Newblue effects, I uninstalled Vegas and all the effects and did a complete reinstall of them and now it renders all the effects without problems.It must have been a corrupt install on something.

Mick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]