FORUMS: list search recent posts

Range of clips become ungrouped

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Ridge
Range of clips become ungrouped
on Apr 25, 2016 at 4:55:36 pm

Hi! I've used V12 for a few years now. In just the past few months, without having changed anything about my workflow, when I drag all of my clips into a new project to begin pre-editing (trimming the start & end of the events to leave the usable parts, letting them ripple as I go), a large portion of them immediately become ungrouped from each other. And no, I haven't accidentally hit (U) or done anything to cause it. This happens immediately, every time. And I have Ignore Event Grouping turned off at this stage, though that shouldn't matter, because even when ignoring grouping, clicking on the video event should cause the corresponding audio to become outlined in blue to indicate that they "belong" together. Roughly halfway through the project, the corresponding audio clips are no longer outlined, and sure enough, each clip's video & audio are no longer grouped. The only way I can figure to regroup them is to highlight each video & audio clip one at a time & group (G) them, which gets old after a few hundred clips!

So is this a known bug that's happened to anyone? And is there a shortcut to getting a large number of clips to have their video & audio portions grouped together again? To clarify, I want each separate clip's video & audio grouped together. I do not want ALL the clips to be grouped together as a single group. Otherwise I would just highlight them all & click (G). Thanks for suggestions!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Range of clips become ungrouped
on Apr 25, 2016 at 6:29:59 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Apr 25, 2016 at 6:31:17 pm

[Bob Ridge] "So is this a known bug that's happened to anyone?"
No, not to me?

Is it at all possible you have the "U" keyboard shortcut remapped to something else?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Bob Ridge
on Apr 25, 2016 at 6:39:20 pm

[Graham Bernard] "Is it at all possible you have the "U" keyboard shortcut remapped to something else?
"

I doubt it, because I don't know how to map shortcuts, and "U" still ungroups events whenever I need it to. And again, these portions of clips (usually the back half or so out of all of them) are immediately ungrouped the instant I bring them into a new timeline, before I even touch the keyboard.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 25, 2016 at 6:47:14 pm

[Bob Ridge] "
I doubt it, because I don't know how to map shortcuts, and "U" still ungroups events whenever I need it to."
Well, it is feasible that you have gotten both to happen.

OK, need some more info: Type Media and your Project settings for that Media.

This is a rare bird indeed!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 25, 2016 at 6:57:17 pm

Bob & Grazie, I've had this happen to me every once in a while. Full moon? I don't think so. Gremlins? Probably.
All I know is that it has periodically happened to me and the only thing that cures it is to shut the computer down for a few minutes and then power it back up. Whatever gremlins were working there disappear without any power to feed them :)

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 25, 2016 at 8:11:57 pm

And is there a shortcut to getting a large number of clips to have their video & audio portions grouped together again?

Yes. Here is a script written by Gilles. Events to be grouped must be on the top 2 tracks. You can add additional tracks if you want.

/**
* Group Track1 and Track2 Events
* Ce script groupe les Events des deux premières pistes
* Auteur Gilles Pialat 09/01/2008
* http://www.cameravideo.net/forum/sony-vegas-dvd-architect/
**/

using System;
using Sony.Vegas;

class EntryPoint
{
public void FromVegas(Vegas vegas)
{
for (int i=0; i< vegas.Project.Tracks[0].Events.Count; i++)
{
TrackEventGroup group = new TrackEventGroup();;
vegas.Project.Groups.Add(group);
group.Add(vegas.Project.Tracks[0].Events[i]);
group.Add(vegas.Project.Tracks[1].Events[i]);

}

}

}

Simply copy and save with a .cs extension. Then put it in your script folder.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Bob Ridge
on Apr 25, 2016 at 8:44:05 pm

[Wayne Waag] "Yes. Here is a script written by Gilles. Events to be grouped must be on the top 2 tracks. You can add additional tracks if you want."

Eureka - it works! This is a super easy & quick workaround. Better than chasing gremlins. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 25, 2016 at 8:53:00 pm

Glad it's working for you. By adding a third track, it's useful in that you can, for example, add audio from an external recorder and have them grouped.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Bob Ridge
on Apr 25, 2016 at 8:41:05 pm

[Graham Bernard] "OK, need some more info: Type Media and your Project settings for that Media.
"

These are usually MOV files from a Canon 6D, often mixed with MTS files from a Panasonic HMC 150. (Though the issue occurs even if I don't mix media.) Project settings are set to be whatever the clips are.

(Update: Solved, kinda. See reply to Wayne below.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]