FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony vegas pro 13 window preview lag

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leonardo barone
Sony vegas pro 13 window preview lag
on Apr 21, 2016 at 7:43:47 pm

When I start to work with vegas everything is ok, but after one hour the videopreview windows start to slow down untill to end in terrible lag at the point that I con't work on my project anymore, then if I turn off my laptop for awhile, when I turn on it again the window preview look ok, but don't last so much time, it's my laptop fault or sony vegas ?
Somebody know how to fix it ?

Thank...

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony vegas pro 13 window preview lag
on Apr 22, 2016 at 3:58:46 am

Reduce the quality of Preview.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Apr 22, 2016 at 7:53:40 am

Is looks like your CPU might be throttling back when it gets too hot. If you use your laptop on your lap, it is usually caused my the fluff being drawn in from underneath and clogging the fan radiator grill.

Return to posts index

leonardo barone
on Apr 23, 2016 at 8:21:54 am

It started to be a problem since I begun to filming in AVCHD 1920 x 1080 format, my laptop have only 4 GB of RAM, I would have some benfit if I will expand it untill 8 GB or more ?

Return to posts index

Bill Bakogiannis
on Apr 23, 2016 at 2:03:04 pm

Hi there.
I face the same problem with you.
However, I have a verypowerfull computer.
SSD, 16gb ram, I5 at 3.200 and (not on board) graphics card.

In my case, when I select "preview Full" I can see perfect for about two seconds. On the third second... a delay on sound occurs and I have several drop frames.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Apr 25, 2016 at 9:56:22 pm

4GB of RAM is really low first off.

For laptops, that for obvious reasons do not have a the power of desktops, you might converting all h264 media to an intermediate codec like XDCAM.mxf or cineform.avi. These codecs have less decode overhead than h.264.

The overall compute power of the laptop will determine the limits of improvements. i5 and AMD processors in laptops are generally not optimal for Vegas editing. Even laptops with "good" processors and a state of the art NV mobile GPU, will be half of what a i7 desktop with discreet GPU will give you. Mobile compute performance sucks, because they are trying hard to limit heat, and max battery life.

Return to posts index

Neil Pollick
on May 8, 2016 at 8:09:37 am

Aaron Star, re "converting all h264 media to an intermediate codec like XDCAM.mxf or cineform.avi"
What settings would you recommend for xdcam.mxf or cineform.avi to get all the quality out of the original mov files?I am using full HD from EOS (avc at 49.1 Mbps).
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]