FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas a no show at NAB Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john lenihan
Sony Vegas a no show at NAB Vegas
on Apr 21, 2016 at 6:18:21 pm

As a LONG time user of Sony Vegas Pro, I was crushed at NAB2016 this week.

SonyCreative Software did not even show up!

I had hoped to talk with them about their catalyst strategy and migration from vegas pro 13. Couldn't

Meanwhile, the Adobe booth was huge, with tons of people at it talking about Adobe Premiere. The best I could tell, their only real announcements were that premiere allowed project collaboration, something Vegas had since the beginning with multiple instances.

Also Apple Final cut was a no show.

Just Avid and Adobe. And Avid's booth was a yawn, while Adobe's was rockin.

I lost hope in the Sony Creative Boys and am considering sliding to Adobe.

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jason Warfe
Re: Sony Vegas a no show at NAB Vegas
on Apr 21, 2016 at 7:58:58 pm

I'm with you, I absolutely love Sony Vegas Pro, but it's just not marketed well. I am in the process of learning Adobe Premiere CC Pro and so far I like it, but not as much as Vegas. With so many jobs requiring knowledge of the Adobe suite, I had to make the jump over to Adobe. I hope Sony does a good marketing campaign, because it truly is a great piece of software.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Apr 21, 2016 at 8:54:29 pm

That's terrible. I sure hope I don't have to one of these days learn another editing program. That would be the death of me.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

TJ McCormick
on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:52:22 pm

SONY CATALYST UTTER FAIL. At the NAB SHOW 2016, Sony Creative software completely disappointed me. First of all, they brought an intern who had started with Sony a day before to help demonstrate Sony Catalyst. She had NEVER SEEN THE PROGRAM BEFORE THE SHOW. Then some new programmer (the old guys I knew from the past must have been dismissed) came over and started to tell someone that they were going to be changing the program to meet the needs of its end users. One of these changes was removing a function I had previously asked for in the Catalyst Edit software, which allowed you to change the playback speed envelope on individual clips. Finally, they don't have an upgrade program for previous owners of Catalyst, and have moved from a purchase to monthly subscription model. I wonder which end users asked for that change? I also have spent the last 13 years using Sony Vegas Pro, which hasn't seen an upgrade for two years. If anyone has any intention of using Sony Creative software programs, don't. The only program that might be of any good use is Catalyst Prepare, which is good for transcoding and grading .mxf Slog 2 and 3 footage. Otherwise, it's a bust.

TJ McCormick
Sony PMW-200 Owner-Operator
Live Event Video Engineer/Camera Operator/Tape Op, IATSE Local 720
Sony Vegas 12 User
Bluteeful Productions

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:55:23 pm

Where did you even find Sony Catalyst?

Did they have a booth that I missed?

John

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

TJ McCormick
on Apr 22, 2016 at 2:04:16 pm

HAHAHA!!! You're right, there was no booth. It was a section of a table, staffed by interns who knew NOTHING of the program. You really had to look for this one computer that was running the program. They weren't even talking about the purchase to subscription change, which I had to find out when I went into my Sony Creative account. I have been a strong advocate of Sony Creative, but they have just died a painful death after this year's NAB.

TJ McCormick
Sony PMW-200 Owner-Operator
Live Event Video Engineer/Camera Operator/Tape Op, IATSE Local 720
Sony Vegas 12 User
Bluteeful Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]