FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for simple video editing software to add intro/outro. Needs a export/render queue. Tried Sony and Adobe

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Long
Looking for simple video editing software to add intro/outro. Needs a export/render queue. Tried Sony and Adobe
on Apr 21, 2016 at 2:53:53 pm

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

Currently using Filmora Wondershare and it works almost perfectly, my gameplay videos export within 25mins and retain the base quality they were recorded with and upload perfectly to youtube. Problem is I do about 30 videos in a sitting and would like to be able to batch/queue them up and walk away from 30 videos.

Sony Vegas 13 is nice but render time was 3 hours for each 30min gameplay video I will link my settings are based off of Main Concept AVC/AAV Internet 1080p. I changed it so the source overrides frame rate, 10mil max/8mil min bps . Have it set to render with Cuda on my GTX 970. everything else is default, project setting default and set to good render quality. Long story short batch or not, 3 hours per 30 mins is too long for me when I'm just adding intro outro.

Also even though I have it set to use CUDA to Render my i7 hits 100% usage and the GTX 970 never breaks 40% usage, is that just a bottleneck or am I missing a setting/plugin???

Any software suggestions or Sony Vegas fixes?

Thanks in advance

i7 860@2.80ghz, 16gb 1600mhz, 120gb ssd, MSI GTX970 ver.364.72 , Windows 10 Home x64. Sony Vegas Pro 13

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Looking for simple video editing software to add intro/outro. Needs a export/render queue. Tried Sony and Adobe
on Apr 21, 2016 at 3:11:53 pm

Hi William,

These two articles may shed some light on the render times using your GTX970...

https://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/SonyVideoCards.htm

https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5172

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Looking for simple video editing software to add intro/outro. Needs a export/render queue. Tried Sony and Adobe
on Apr 21, 2016 at 3:22:59 pm

Any software suggestions

You could give TMPGEnc's Mastering Works 6 a try. You can add simple titles and transitions. It also supports batch processing. It uses the x264 encoder so the quality will be better (IMHO) than Mainconcept in Vegas. It also supports QuickSync encoding which will be a lot faster if your Intel processor supports it. I believe they have a 15 day free trial.

wwaag

Return to posts index

William Long
on Apr 21, 2016 at 3:32:03 pm

Thanks for the input guys, I am going to try out TMPGEnc and see how it goes, that is really odd about the 970, I do have a spare 470 out I can try with Vegas if this software doesn't work out.

Thanks a bunch!

i7 860@2.80ghz, 16gb 1600mhz, 120gb ssd, MSI GTX970 ver.364.72 , Windows 10 Home x64. Sony Vegas Pro 13

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Apr 22, 2016 at 10:31:12 pm

Fastest way to edit in Vegas is to shoot in xdcam.mxf, pre-render your bumpers in xdcam.mxf, assemble in Vegas, render to xdcam.mxf. This will smart render your footage, and the resulting file can be directly uploaded to YouTube.

.mp4 file format is a slow word.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]