FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Stop Sudden freezing and 'Sony Vegas has stopped working'?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aziz Ajaj
How to Stop Sudden freezing and 'Sony Vegas has stopped working'?
on Apr 10, 2016 at 8:59:17 am

hi guys , so whenever I am using Sony Vegas 13 and searching for a preset Sony Vegas just freezes for like 20-30 seconds and then stops freezing.Sometimes while I am editing , it suddenly just says 'Sony Vegas has stopped working' and just shuts down.Does any one know how to fix any freezing problems on Sony VEGAS ?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: How to Stop Sudden freezing and 'Sony Vegas has stopped working'?
on Apr 10, 2016 at 9:41:22 pm

I would start at the bottom and work your way up.

1 - get a copy of Memtest86+ V4+ run atleast one full pass on the memory to eliminate any memory hardware issues.

2 - try the following I have posted before:

You may also want to run the following on your machine and verify a few things, generally in this order:

"chkdsk /f" from a command prompt, choose yes on next reboot. Reboot

Apply all windows updates, including any .NET updates.

Make sure GPU driver is latest.

Uninstall any old applications or utilities no longer used.

Remove any AV software that is not MS Defender or Malwarebytes. Reboot.

Run CCleaner Registry cleaner and repair issues. Reboot.

Run a Windows defender scan, and Malware Bytes scan, and repair issues found, reboot if issues found and re-run scans.

"dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" from an admin command line. You should get:
[==========================100.0%==========================]
The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt. Verify you get:
"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
repair any issues here. Reboot and re-run if issues repaired until you get the message above.

Make sure Vegas 13 is running the latest version (build 453), reboot if upgrade is needed.

Verify Hardware temps are ok during playback and rendering with something like Speccy or another program like it. Repair clogged heat fins or cooling issues if high temps are present.

After doing all that, if the system still hangs, try MS "Process Monitor" and isolate the problem that Vegas is stopping at. More often than not, this is some memory issue, harddisk issue, network resource not found, or registry entry that is no longer present or over written.

Just some things to try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]