FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 13 stops rendering without a crash

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dean weily
Vegas 13 stops rendering without a crash
on Apr 6, 2016 at 1:38:32 pm

Trying to render out a large file, the source file is 230gig in the project, I have no other raw vision it is a AFVI from a previous render.

Every time I try to render any type of fie it stops, sometimes, 1% , 5% , 40%, it just stops , no crash, no not responding . I also cannot exit the render or stop vegas from running without a hard reboot power off, The3 computer does not stop , just vegas and I cant escape.

Running 8 gig ram , plenty of space on the destination drive 700 gig.

I am open to thoughts, I have tried most online fixes

Thanks

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas 13 stops rendering without a crash
on Apr 6, 2016 at 3:26:59 pm

I don't know the file format. However, have set your project to match your media? What are you render to? What if any Fxing in the project?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

James Hauge
on Apr 7, 2016 at 8:57:25 am

years ago (using vegas 7 when it was brand new to give you a time frame) I had something similar happen to me and i never found out why it happened, but I was able to work around it by using a separate program to render the source material into an easier to work with file.. In my case I had access to Sorenson Squeeze and was able to use that to render into a different format and then ran the edit with vegas and it ran fine...

I know Sorenson Squeeze is a bit pricey but maybe a tool like handbrake can do it for you? It's something to give a shot anyway...

Good luck!

Return to posts index

dean weily
on Apr 7, 2016 at 2:43:44 pm

I think I discovered the problem, now I just have to figure out how to fix it . I need to attach the drives temporarily to regular SATA ports and do a firmware update. if I read the instructions correct , I have no idea what that even means regular sata ports.

'A Firmware update is needed for Seagate ES series drives connected to ATTO Express SAS Host and RAID Adapters

ATTO has become aware of drive errors on Seagate 1TB (ST31000340NS), 750GB (ST3750330NS), 500GB (ST3500320NS), and 250GB (ST3250310NS) drives. These errors may cause RAID groups to fault or go offline with ATTO ExpressSAS RAID adapters. These same drives may go off line with ATTO ExpressSAS Host Bus Adapters.

These issues are resolved on the above drives by a firmware upgrade to revision SN06. This firmware cannot be used on an AS series drive.

The links to the Barracuda ES.2 SN06 SATA firmware file and a program to create a bootable USB drive are below. A PC with an on-board SATA controller and an external USB bootable drive are required for this update.

You may use either USB Boot Maker FD 1.4.zip or the method described in “How to create a bootable thumb drive (USB) drive” below to create the boot drive. Extract the contents of Barracuda ES2 SN06 release.zip to the root of the USB drive. Boot the USB drive and choose the option for the capacity point of the drive you are updating. The SeaFlash utility only works with common SATA chipsets and ports available on today's motherboards and therefore will not see drives attached to the ATTO ExpressSAS RAID or Host Bus Adapters. You will need to attach the drives temporarily to regular SATA ports.

Note: This SN06 firmware is only for the above SATA models when attached to ATTO ExpressSAS RAID or ExpressSAS Host Bus Adapters. SATA models attached to internal SATA controllers or non-ATTO SAS controllers do not need to be updated to SN06.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]