FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copying Track Keyframes

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Griesreis
Copying Track Keyframes
on Apr 4, 2016 at 11:54:01 am

I am a big fan of the blurry push transitions. Unfortunately i can't find any possibility to copy and paste track keyframes outside of the individual track fx menu. Is there a plugin or anything else i could do, to be able to copy the keyframes of the top track to the two bottom tracks? (picture below)

http://gyazo.com/53be5fc7ee034fc529cc1581ecd747c2

Many thanks to anyone helping and sorry for my bad english.

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
Re: Copying Track Keyframes
on Apr 4, 2016 at 3:58:04 pm

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a way to copy the settings for the "blurry push transition", which I believe is the Transitions tab of Sony Vegas Pro (I have V10 here at work), the Push In, Right, Yellow Border effect. If I've misunderstood that part, please correct.

OPTION 1: To add the same transition to track 2 & 3, left-click & drag the Push In, Right, Yellow Border effect from the Transitions tab onto the overlapped video events. This will put a copy of the generic version of this transition onto each transition.

If you MODIFIED the transition in the top track (i.e. changed any of the transition properties, Direction, Border Size, Feather, Color), and want those same exact properties to be applied to the 2nd & 3rd tracks, you will need to copy the Transitions keyframe(s) from the top transition to the 2nd & 3rd tracks. If you just Right-Click on the transition on the specific track (top track in your picture) and select the Transition Properties... menu item, the dialog box for the transition controls will appear. If the keyframe(s) are NOT visible at the bottom of this dialog, you will need to press the Animate button at the bottom left of the dialog, which will then display all keyframes. Once the keyframe(s) are visible, left-click on the left-most keyframe and if there any additional keyframes, hold down the shift key and left-click the right-most keyframe. This should select the entire group of keyframes. Left-click and select the Copy menu item. Now go to each of the transitions in Track 2 & 3 and right-click and select Transition Properties... then the Animate button, then select the left-most (or possibly only) keyframe, right-click it and select paste. This will paste the properties of the Track 1 transition to that transition. This seems like a lot of work, but actually goes quite quickly.

OPTION 2: If you have changed any of the settings (i.e. changed any of the transition properties, Direction, Border Size, Feather, Color), you can save these specific settings by right-clicking on the transition (in track 1) and selecting the Transition Properties... and then changing the name of the Preset: near the top of the dialog. As an example you could change the default setting displayed from Push In, Right, Yellow Border to something descriptive to you like, Push In, Left, Red Border SPECIAL, then press the floppy disk "Save" button to the right of the Preset field. This will then become an option you can select for any other transition by pressing the down arrow at the right side of the Preset: field. Now you can drag and drop the generic transition from the Transition tab onto any overlapped events on your timeline, then right-click the transition, select Transition Properties... then press the down arrow on the right of the Preset field and select your custom preset Push In, Left, Red Border SPECIAL in the above case. This transition will then have those properties.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 4, 2016 at 4:13:32 pm

Is there a plugin or anything else i could do, to be able to copy the keyframes of the top track to the two bottom tracks? (picture below)

The easiest way, unless I misunderstand what you want, is to simply duplicate the top track twice. Your keyframes will be the same. Then you can change your timeline events for each track at will without altering the keyframes.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Julian Griesreis
on Apr 5, 2016 at 9:01:39 pm

Thank you four your answers! I think the track duplication idea will work best for me :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]