FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's the best render settings for Images?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hinderscheid
What's the best render settings for Images?
on Apr 4, 2016 at 6:53:22 am

I have a Sony Vegas project with just Images and audio. The size of all the images and audio all together is around 1.5GB. I want to render uncompressed without any quality loss, I tried rendering with Sony YUV but the file size was a whomping 27GB! And the colors were a bit different than the original images but it still looked good, however the file size is way to big for what I want. Did I do something wrong when I rendered? How could it go from 1.5GB to 27GB? I would really appreciate it if anyone could please help me out. :)

-Paul

Return to posts index

James Hauge
Re: What's the best render settings for Images?
on Apr 4, 2016 at 8:15:06 am

Well, you're working uncompressed, and you have a bunch of pictures, now, imagine your one picture, 30 times and imagine the file size then... now, think, that's just one second of video...

plus, if your pictures are jpeg's, their pretty well compressed at that size and in your video you're having them uncompressed...

Just my uninformed and misformed thoughts...

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Paul Hinderscheid
on Apr 4, 2016 at 2:38:26 pm

Hi, James

Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it. What you said makes sense, that's probably why. I guess I can't render uncompressed then, because I would need the file size to be 3GB or under. I tried rendering as MainConcept MP4 with the bitrate set to high, it actually looks better than I expected and the file size is under a 1GB somehow, but the colors are a bit off and darker and I don't need that much compression. I just need the file size to be 3GB or under. So what render settings would you recommend?

-Paul

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 4, 2016 at 3:59:45 pm

but the colors are a bit off and darker

Most likely, you have not applied the correct Levels FX prior to render. Still images are usually full range (0-255) or in Vegas terms Computer RGB. Your rendered output will have a range of 16-235 or in Vegas terms Studio RGB. You must apply a Levels FX using the Computer RGB to Studio RGB preset somewhere. You can apply it to each image or since you have nothing but images, you could apply it as a video output FX.

As far as render settings, 22 Mbps should be sufficient using either Mainconcept or Sony AVC. My preference is to use Handbrake that employs the x264 encoder. The important thing about use of still images is to do your resizing before importing them into Vegas. The recommended size is usually double your project resolution. So for an HD 1080 project, I usually resize the image so that the vertical size is 2160. This allows sufficient room for any panning or zooming that you might want to do to create apparent motion. In doing so, the quality will be better and the renders quicker.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]