FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 13 Preview/Render issues!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Misael Ibañez
Sony Vegas 13 Preview/Render issues!
on Apr 2, 2016 at 6:01:20 am

Quite urgent as I have quite a big school project to turn in, however, work has been halted due to some issues I've had :/

I open up the project (Which right now is nearly 3 minutes long, has many clips (each with a couple effects), a few audio files and a soundtrack. I could work on it fine until recently. Whenever I try to play it, sometimes the preview will be completely black (While the audio continues, usually the program freezes and crashes at this point). Other times it will be skipping frames a lot, and the strangest of times, it will play brief frames of parts of a clip that I removed.

We're using a green screen for this, and sometimes it will just refuse to play the video at all and just display the image behind it.

I'm still fairly new but I've tried everything i could find. I hid the project media, made the preview as small as possible, disabled GPU acceleration, I've even allocated 8 GB of RAM, and nothing. And it's really, really stressing me out. I've tried splitting the project in half and pasting part of it in a new instance, but even still they seem to carry issues. I've transferred the project folder from the HDD to the SSD, and still nothing. The video is currently at 720p, here are my specs:

Intel i7-4720HQ 2.6Ghz

12 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 970m w/3GB vRAM

Windows 10, 64-bit

Could it be my specs? I'd really thought my laptop would handle this just fine, if not just a bit of lag. But the project is basically unworkable right now, and I really don't want to lose it :( Even using Shift+B, it doesn't play all of the frames, and many of the issues above are still present, even after a restart or reboot.). Please help!

Return to posts index

Chris Randell
Re: Sony Vegas 13 Preview/Render issues!
on Apr 2, 2016 at 6:48:26 am

I had this issue before and I think what I did to fix it was disabling resample on the video clip.

Return to posts index

Misael Ibañez
on Apr 2, 2016 at 2:49:50 pm

Did that, I still seem to have the issue :/

Return to posts index

Misael Ibañez
on Apr 4, 2016 at 2:01:07 am

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Chris Randell
on Apr 4, 2016 at 2:29:32 am

Is it just your preview that is acting up? maybe try lowering your preview settings since you are on a laptop.

You could also try turning "GPU acceleration of video processing" to "Off" and see if that works.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 4, 2016 at 3:25:01 am

the preview will be completely black (While the audio continues, usually the program freezes and crashes at this point)

This usually means that you have a problem with your media files, not your PC or Vegas. Vegas is not correctly decoding the video portion of your clips--hence the black screen. You will have to provide detailed information about the media that you are using. The best is a screenshot of a representative file using MediaInfo. Also screenshots of your project settings and render settings would be helpful.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Misael Ibañez
on Apr 7, 2016 at 7:14:52 am

I can confirm that it seems to happen only with larger projects.. Could that simply mean it's just my PC being slow? >.>

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]