FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 12 clip dimensions puzzle

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kay Gee
Vegas 12 clip dimensions puzzle
on Mar 29, 2016 at 4:46:37 pm

I haven't found anything directly relating to this issue, but I'm new here; I apologize if somehow I missed it.

My project is set to 1920 x 1080. Fine.
I render a sub-clip with a bunch of effects from that project, also at 1920 x 1080.
The file is indeed that size, according to every possible way I can check.
I import the clip I just rendered back into the project, and ... it's not 1920 x 1080. I have the annoying Black Bars of Failure all around it.

I don't want to zoom in to fix it, I want to not have to fix it at all. Why is a file that has literally just been rendered by the program not matching up with the project size? What am I missing here?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Vegas 12 clip dimensions puzzle
on Mar 29, 2016 at 8:40:30 pm

If I'm understanding your problem ... Make sure your render template is the same as your project properties. Vegas can render in a different format than the timeline. For example your footage is 1080p and you want to make a Standard Def DVD. You can render the 1080p timeline to 480p. If you want the same format as your timeline, make sure you have the correct render template or you can create a custom template to match.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Vegas 12 clip dimensions puzzle
on Apr 1, 2016 at 10:07:31 pm

We're going to need more exact information if you want us to help you because obviously somewhere along the way, a setting is not what you think it is.
[Kay Gee] "My project is set to 1920 x 1080. Fine."
Can you please post a screen shot of your project properties window?

[Kay Gee] "I render a sub-clip with a bunch of effects from that project, also at 1920 x 1080. "
Can you please post a screen shot of the exact render template that you used?
[Kay Gee] "The file is indeed that size, according to every possible way I can check."
Try checking with MediaInfo and post what it thinks the video properties are.
[Kay Gee] "I import the clip I just rendered back into the project, and ... it's not 1920 x 1080. I have the annoying Black Bars of Failure all around it."
Once again, a picture it worth a thousand words. If we could see what you are seeing... a screen shot of your Vegas Pro GUI showing the black bars would help.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]