FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to remove video preview pics from video track

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Rider
How to remove video preview pics from video track
on Mar 27, 2016 at 8:55:46 pm

I edit my mountain biking videos, to do so I cut up a lot of long video into many smaller chunks. I usually press S while the video is playing and S again at the end of the section I want to keep. This causes the section of video to reset the preview pics which slows the preview video to a stutter for 5 seconds. Is this stutter caused by the video section size reducing and how can I turn them off if so?? Link: http://imgur.com/uofSNDi

Second question, is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between highlighted video clips? I'm mostly a keyboard editor for first pass rough edits, bit annoying to reach for the mouse every few seconds.

Many thanks for reading.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: How to remove video preview pics from video track
on Mar 27, 2016 at 10:12:41 pm

This causes the section of video to reset the preview pics which slows the preview video to a stutter for 5 seconds.

I presume you mean the thumbnails. You can turn them off by opening Preferences, Video tab, and select "none" in the dropdown menu by "Thumbnails to show in video events". This may or may not have an effect on your preview performance--I have no idea. But you can try it. If it does make a difference, please post back.

is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between highlighted video clips?

By highlighted, I presume you mean selected. The easiest way is to place a marker at the beginning of each selected event. (There are freeware scripts for doing this, or you can use something like Vegasaur which will do this and a lot more). Then simply ctrl-right arrow will move to the next marker and in your case the selected event.

wwaag

Return to posts index

John Rider
Re: How to remove video preview pics from video track
on Mar 27, 2016 at 10:57:10 pm

Good man Wayne, that was very simple once you know how! Yes removing the thumbnails removed all stuttering I was getting from chopping videos up while it was previewing at the same time. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]