FORUMS: list search recent posts

BCC Uprez 4x3 interlaced to 16x9 for DVD??

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Mark
BCC Uprez 4x3 interlaced to 16x9 for DVD??
on Mar 27, 2016 at 3:16:39 pm
Last Edited By Bob Mark on Mar 27, 2016 at 3:17:40 pm

Hi everyone. I am trying to uprez interlaced (lower field first) 4x3 Betacam footage to widescreen for DVD. What would be the best settings for this? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: BCC Uprez 4x3 interlaced to 16x9 for DVD??
on Mar 27, 2016 at 3:57:45 pm

When you say "uprez", I presume you mean simply "fill the screen" so that the black bars on the sides of your 4x3 footage disappear. Once your project settings are set to "widescreen", simply select your event, open the pan/crop widow, place cursor somewhere on the image, right click, and select "Match Output Aspect". Your 4x3 image will be cropped and parts of the top and bottom of the image will be "missing". While this "works", the resolution of your image will be significantly degraded. Unless you have a pressing need to "fill the screen", I wouldn't recommend it.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Mar 27, 2016 at 4:23:04 pm

Right. That's what I mean. I was trying to use BCC Uprez to sharpen the "blown up" image. The uprez to 1920 x 1080 looks surprisingly good.
However, I guess going to DVD (720x480 widescreen) would not look so good because of the low data rate of DVD. Thx.

Bob

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Mar 28, 2016 at 5:52:58 pm

I guess I can try some experiments. I will probably leave it 4x3 after all. I thought maybe the uprez would let me blow it up to 16x9 without losing too much quality.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]