Show/count an amount of clips

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Peters
Show/count an amount of clips
on Mar 27, 2016 at 4:40:51 am
Last Edited By Dennis Peters on Mar 27, 2016 at 4:41:45 am

Hello Community!

I have encountered a problem in Sony Vegas and hopefully someone can help me. I have cut down hundreds of clips and I want every clip to be an amount of frames long, but to calculate the amount I need to know the amount of clips I have selected. Somehow I thought Vegas shows that somewhere and I just never noticed it in the past years, because I never needed it, but I can't find something like this.

So my question is, is the amount of clips in a selection (or a group) shown somewhere, or does someone know a way to count them?

Thanks for any help! :)
Have a great day!

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Show/count an amount of clips
on Mar 27, 2016 at 5:23:51 am

THere is a way to count the "events" on the timeline quickly. Place your timeline cursor at the beginning of the timeline. Count one. Then do CTRL-ALT-RIGHT ARROW -- Count TWO .. and so on down the line .. you can go very quickly .. CTRL-ALT-RIGHT ARROW moves you to the next event.

This may not be what you want -- and maybe there is a script to do this .. but I'm not aware of any place Vegas stores or shows you the number of events on the timeline, if that's what you meant.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Mar 27, 2016 at 3:42:40 pm

So my question is, is the amount of clips in a selection (or a group) shown somewhere, or does someone know a way to count them?

Yes. It's very easy. First select the events you want to count. Then enter Alt-6, Edit Details. In the Show box, chose Selected Events and it will display all the events you've selected. Just scroll down to the bottom of the window to find the number of events.

BTW, the edit details window is very useful. E.g. you can do a copy and paste the window into Excel.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Mar 27, 2016 at 5:00:18 pm

Cool. I've never found any use for Edit Details -- but for this problem it does the job. It might be nice to hear how others find it useful otherwise.

I think I see what the OP is doing here. Likely what's wanted is to divide up the events to come out to a certain time. So if the number of events is known and the desired length is known, then it's a math problem to what length each event can be if they are divided up evenly.

Return to posts index

Dennis Peters
on Mar 27, 2016 at 8:12:58 pm

Wow thank you very much! That is exactly what I need! It helps me incredibly much!

I never heard of this window. It can indeed be useful.

So if the number of events is known and the desired length is known, then it's a math problem to what length each event can be if they are divided up evenly.
Exactly. :)

Thanks for your help guys! Have a great day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]