FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recorded voice crackles and rings

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stella Bruggen
Recorded voice crackles and rings
on Mar 26, 2016 at 1:45:11 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm having a problem with my recording. I'm trying to record a song - a capella, just me times three - but the mic (which is supposed to be decent, though a little old) will only register sound if I put it to +20.00DB amplification while recording.

So I do that, I record it, everything's fine, though the peaks never reach more than halfway but okay. So then I put a reverb-effect on it. Sounds great through my headphones, but when I play it through the speakers, it crackles and rings. Now the problem is: I don't know what this phenomenon is called, so I can't fix it . I can't even look for help online.

I've tried overdrive and over-steered, literal translations (I'm Dutch) but to no avail. I'm thinking it's something I do wrong while editing, cause it's not like the mic is recording it that loudly...

Thanks in advance =)
Stella

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Recorded voice crackles and rings
on Mar 26, 2016 at 10:06:20 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Mar 26, 2016 at 10:05:26 pm

Stella,

It's most likely not in your editing, it's in your recording. If you have to add +20db to hear anything, you definitely have a problem. But, you need to provide more information. What type of mic are you using? What are you using to record? Sounds like your PC? Audio recorder? If it's a PC, what audio card are you using? What recording software are you using? Before anyone can help, you will need to provide detailed information.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]