FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 13 lagging a lot on simple tasks (Was completely fine before)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Warner
Sony Vegas Pro 13 lagging a lot on simple tasks (Was completely fine before)
on Mar 24, 2016 at 11:04:27 pm

Hello everyone, I'm having a little difficulty with Sony Vegas today which I did not have before.

My computer specs most likely is not the cause:
i7 6700k
16GB RAM
GTX 980 Ti
0.5 GB SSD
6 TB HDD

Now this all started this morning when I tried to load 6 hours worth of video game recordings into vegas at once probably totaling around 30GB. After horrendous amounts of lag I decided to end task and restart my computer.

Now whenever I open up any small 30 minute video clip the lag persists. The lag happens when I do simple things such as try to move forward on the timeline to preview another clip and generally seems like the preview can no longer keep up with anything despite being perfectly fine before. CPU usage is at around 80-99% despite not even rendering anything. Does anyone know what could be happening?

I tried following some steps from previous posts with similar issues such as defragging the Hard Drive and such to no success.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13 lagging a lot on simple tasks (Was completely fine before)
on Mar 25, 2016 at 12:37:56 am

It sounds as if Vegas does not like the footage you are trying to import. Try this. Import a short clip onto the timeline. Then move your cursor to another position and watch the Frame: ### at the bottom of your preview window. It should move to the new frame number almost instantly. If you see a number with trailing "....." and a delay before the frame number is displayed, then there is a good chance you Vegas is having a problem ingesting your footage because of a codec problem. Game footage seems especially problematic as evidenced by numerous threads reporting problems. At a minimum, you need to provide more information regarding your source footage (e.g. a screen shot from MediaInfo) and also your project settings just to make sure there is not a mis-match. You could also upload a short clip (a couple of minutes-not 30) for others to see if it chokes their system as well.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]