FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conjoining to Images so they move together

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Jones
Conjoining to Images so they move together
on Mar 19, 2016 at 12:08:54 am

I can't think of what the method is called on Sony Vegas, but I want to be able to join two images together so that when I move one, the other moves with it as if it were one solid object. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Conjoining to Images so they move together
on Mar 19, 2016 at 12:32:52 am

Probably what you mean is "grouping". To create a group, first select your events. Then enter "g". Done. Now they will move as one. Conversely, to remove a group, first select the events and then enter "u".

wwaag

Return to posts index

Jared Jones
on Mar 19, 2016 at 12:41:27 am

No, not grouping. That only helps when moving events around. I want the two images to act as a singular object so that when I decide to animate it l, they both move together. I mean I guess I could just render a picture of the object's together and use that, it's called Nesting in Adobe Premier.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Mar 19, 2016 at 1:36:21 am

I guess I'm still not clear exactly what you are asking. If you want two images to have the same motion meaning that they move in the exact same way you can easily create the desired motion on one object using keyframes. Once happy, simply copy that event, and do a "paste event attributes" to the 2nd image. The movement of the two images will be the same.

However, if you mean you want to join two images together and make them move as one image as if they are just a single image, it might be easier to simply do the combining in an image editor like Photoshop. But again, this may not be what you want.

Perhaps someone familiar with Premier might be able to answer.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Tyson Onaga
on Mar 19, 2016 at 11:50:52 pm

You could try putting the images on two separate tracks and add a parent track above and use its Track Motion to move the children in 2D or 3D space.

a. Parent Track <--- move/animate via Parent Track Motion
b. Child Track 1 (image 1)
c. Child Track 2 (image 2)

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Mar 20, 2016 at 12:28:04 pm

[Tyson Onaga] "You could try putting the images on two separate tracks and add a parent track above and use its Track Motion to move the children in 2D or 3D space."
+1

Parent Track Motion will allow you to do this. See my tutorials on: Parent Motion Filmstrip

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]